Last weekend was graduation weekend for us, which was fun but busy! I can't remember all of what we did on Saturday, actually, but I do remember Sunday, so I'll start there! Sunday I met my family at Mesa State College's graduation ceremony while my wonderful husband stayed home with Daniel, so he could get his nap in before the busy afternoon and evening of parties! I had a fun time sitting with Nanny watching the ceremony until my sister, Amanda, was close to going up to get her diploma. Then I headed down with Dad, Wayne, and Tyler to take pictures of her before we all headed over to wait on the field for the ceremony to be done! It was such a beautiful day and very exciting to see her graduate! :o) After the ceremony I met Scott and Daniel over at Drew and Andrea's for Jessica's graduation party, who had also graduated from college! We had fun celebrating with them before driving around awhile so Daniel could sleep a bit before Amanda's party at 4! Lots of good food and fun at both parties, but we were exhausted that evening and definitely slept well!
Nanny, my grandmother, went home with us Sunday evening and spent until Wednesday afternoon with us! We didn't do too many exciting things, but we still really enjoyed having her with us for a few days! Daniel got to know her really quickly and was so excited to have someone else to spend the days with, especially because she would hold his hands all the time so he could walk everywhere! :o) Now every time he sees her he wants her to walk him around. Sorry, Nanny. At least he loves you, and even more because you do things with him that he LOVES! :o) Monday morning we walked downtown a little bit going to some of the shops in Fruita before eating lunch at a cafe down there. Tuesday we didn't do too much other than go to City Market to get a few ingredients for dinner. Scott made fajitas, which we had with salad and an apple pie that I made, crust and all! :o) It was delicious! Wednesday after a relaxing morning and lots of play-time with Daniel, we dropped Nanny off with Amanda and Vienna for their time with her (yep, she has quite the busy schedule with us!) and then I had a chiropractor appointment before heading out to Palisade Brewery for a girl's night! The girl's night was so much fun! We hung out at the Brewery for awhile and watched Kacey perform (it was open mic night) before heading to Applebees for dessert! Although it was a late night, it was worth it because I love girl's nights and the company was awesome!
I have been working on getting the rest of our garden planted, finally! I was waiting until after Mother's Day to plant the 'warm-weather' plants, and just had the time last night to go buy tomato, pepper, and strawberry plants to plant today with the other seeds I still need to plant. I'll try to take some pictures of what the garden looks like now and post them soon. Everything else is growing and it's so much fun seeing how much the plants grow each day! :o) I also have hanging baskets, and pots with my strawberry plants, and lots of herbs growing in our window box in our kitchen! So much fun! :o) It has been raining up a storm (haha) this week so that has been great for the garden!
Tonight is date night, so I'm really excited about that! Only an hour before Scott gets home and three hours before Lelia and Wayne come over to babysit Daniel! I think we are just going to pick up something quick for dinner and then head over to Bananas Fun Park to play arcade games. :o) I never really played any arcade games as a kid, so the one other time we did this for a date was SO much fun! I'm super excited to play some more with Scott! ;o) After playing that for a bit we'll probably go drive somewhere or go to a coffee shop or something to just talk. I love date nights!
(Okay, speaking of gardens earlier... I need to go plant the seeds now because I think Daniel is asleep! I don't have time to put pictures on here yet, but I'll add some more later from the week!)
No comments:
Post a Comment