Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Somewhat of an update...

So we are still in Fruita at our home that hasn't sold so far! :( Sometimes it is really hard to fully trust God that He will sell our home in just the perfect timing and that He will help us get to full support by August, but then again, it is amazing how much less stressed out I get when I do trust Him with all this! Seriously, life would be a big stressed out case if I tried to take everything on myself to figure out... SO thankful that God has it all taken care of! :)

I know it's been awhile, again, since last writing, but I wanted to somewhat update everyone on our life... :) We are currently at 67% committed monthly support which is super amazing and we are so excited to see God bring that to full support, praying that'll happen by August! Things have been crazy as we have been wrapping up support raising around this area and we are getting ready to head to Texas in a few weeks to visit friends and family in many areas to share what God's been doing in our lives and what we'll be doing with Master Plan Ministries, and once we get back from Texas near the end of June we will be heading almost directly down to Durango for our yearly staff conference! I'm excited for that week of relaxation, focusing on God and ministry, and just for the time with all the other awesome staff members! :) Then we will probably head back home for a little while before going over to Denver to hopefully get things figured out with either renting or buying a new home!!! You can't say living for God isn't an adventure because wow, it's been crazy amazing! :) School starts on the Auraria Campus around August 19th!!! Praying we'll be over there by then!

A few weeks ago we went over to Denver for two weeks which was such a great time! We had lots of ministry appointments with friends and other contacts/churches and also had time to tour the campus and spend time with students at weekly events! God definitely knew what I needed to regain vision and excitement for Denver, because after that trip we have been even more pumped up and excited to serve God and the students on the Auraria Campus in full-time ministry!

Right before heading to Denver we had Daniel's 3rd birthday party which was so much fun! :) He had many of his friends over and we had fun hanging out with all of the families and our family. I can't believe our big boy is 3 now! He tells us about it all the time especially because he is doing so many big boy things now... Which of course is explained because he is 3 now! :) Number one on that list is that he is almost fully potty trained now!!! We have been working on potty training for almost two weeks now and it has been amazing! I know we might have other things happen down the road, especially with our future plans of traveling with support raising and moving, but I'm so glad that it's gone as easy as it has! It was something that I was greatly nervous about... mainly because most of the moms I had talked to hated potty training or had a lot of bad experience with it. We decided to go with the approach that several moms who enjoyed the process told me about, though... First of all, we waited until Daniel was around 3 because we heard that for boys that is like the magical age to where they just figure things out! And, we waited until he was ready! He was a little excited about it although even up to the day before we began when he picked out some super awesome underwear, he was still not that thrilled about it. But, after breakfast one morning we put him in his underwear and started the timer that went off every 10 minutes for almost two straight days other than nap and night... In the entire past two weeks he's only had 3 or 4 peeing accidents and has kept his pull-up dry for the past three days or so during nap, which is awesome! (He is still in diapers at night time which we'll do for awhile before switching to pull-ups.) It wasn't until about a week in that he pooped for the first time in the toilet (don't worry - he was still pooping, just in his diaper at night!), and now he is a trooper letting us know when he has to go even while watching a movie, playing with friends, or playing at the park! So proud of my big boy! :)

Daniel is also getting very excited about moving to Denver! He loved it there while we were visiting and talks about it a lot. He also is excited because we told him when we move he gets to transition into a big twin bed instead of his toddler bed! :) I'm getting really excited to be at our new home too so I can get out all of his preschool stuff and start doing preschool work with him each day! I haven't decided if we'll get a type of preschool curriculum or just do some random activities that I'll put together... I just know that whatever we do, it'll be so much fun!

Lydia has been growing and growing in leaps and bounds! I really noticed such a difference in her during our two weeks in Denver! I don't know if it was because she was around our friends' kids who we stayed with or what, but she started talking up a storm and now says stuff all the time! She is pretty easy to understand for her age and she does great at everyone's names! She is adorable! :) We have been trying to work on saying colors over and over to her but so far she only gets blue correct consistently. That would be because it is Daniel's favorite color and she thinks it's hers too. ;) Lol. She loves dancing and singing with Daniel still... They both have quite the dance moves! And she would play outside all day long if Daniel played with her. She still will not sit and watch any TV but she sits through books that we read to her more and more each time, which is nice. She loves playing all of Daniel's new games with him - Hungry, Hungry Hippos, Don't Break the Ice, and Memory especially! :) I love that they enjoy playing together more and more now. And for the most part, they really take care of each other too, which is such a great thing for us to see! :) I love those two kiddos so much! Makes me want another baby... :)

Well, I would say lots more but I figure this is good for now... Sorry I've been so inconsistent writing this blog... No promises on when I will write again, but hopefully the next time will be full of our adventures in Denver! :)

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that Daniel is potty trained! I can't wait to hear all about it when we get together next week :-)

    ReplyDelete