Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

In the midst of a long, busy week!

Daniel is down for a nap - hopefully a good, long one, and I am waiting for my Love to come home from work! Today has been a really good day! It was something I really needed after a LONG couple of days since the weekend! Daniel's teething and 6-month (almost 7-month) phase has been very trying on me lately so today we got out of the house after a morning of trying to get him down for a nap and had a delicious lunch with Scott and then ran errands around town while Daniel slept! We had to go to the hospital to pick up a part for my breast pump that I needed (SO thankful that they give those away for free!) and then since Daniel was still sleeping I decided to treat myself to a Starbucks Peppermint White Mocha at Target and ended up taking a walk around the mall, listening to the Christmas music, buying Daniel is first stocking ever and getting Christmas cards! I'm excited for Thanksgiving next week, but I'll definitely be ready to decorate for Christmas next weekend and get all the Christmas music out!!! I was on a website the other day that I have been a part of since I first got pregnant with Daniel... a mom's group website who all had babies in April. Anyway, they were all discussing Christmas traditions that they will be starting up now that they have a new baby, and it was so cool reading through all of them AND thinking about traditions I want to start up now that we have our little family! :o) I told Scott that we should talk about it all tonight and decide what we'd like to do... It's so cool taking two different families' ideas and then our own and coming up with amazing traditions that we'll be able to stick with for many, many years! I'm so excited for Daniel to experience his first holiday season! My wish is that he will be crawling at least by Christmas... hopefully so, because I know then that he'll be so much more excited about going around seeing everything set up and unwrapping gifts, etc. We will see!

Wow, I have definitely gone on a long rant today. Lol. Typical me! I would catch up from the last time I wrote, but I can't remember when that was right now. Last week was busy but great at the same time! We had lots of fun hanging out with our friends, Sean and Kacey, and then Phil and Hannah on Wed. and Thurs. evening and enjoyed making dinner for them and having the company! Scott and I LOVE having people over and we are so loving having our house giving us more space! Plus, it's been nice having our grill because Scott is ALWAYS up for grilling some meat! Makes it much easier for me! :o)

Anyway, after our good times Scott and I both came down with the yucky sickness that has been going around and he took a couple of sick days from work to rest and get over it! We started feeling much better on Sunday, but it was good to have a few days to just focus on getting better. So far Daniel has NOT gotten it, so hopefully that will stay that way! Now I really want to stay well throughout the rest of the winter... I do NOT like being sick and having a baby! That's for sure!

This is a week of girls' nights for me, which has been a lot of fun, although I really miss hanging with my boys, too! Last night I went to a purse party at my sister, Amanda's, which was fun! I didn't end up buying one because they are a little too pricey for my taste, but they were super cute! It was nice catching up with some old friends and talking to girls from church, though! Tomorrow night I have a Stampin' Up Party at a friends' house. We are making Christmas cards so I am SUPER excited about that! THEN, on Friday night I am going to the Alice in Wonderland play at the college with some other friends. :o) See, super busy week, but it'll be good! And, Scott is enjoying having some extra time with Daniel.

Well, my little boy just woke up so I should go! Sorry for how all over this post was...

No comments:

Post a Comment