Merry Christmas! I just realized that it's been a VERY long time since I wrote on here... I can't quite believe how fast this month went! My little guy is already 8 months old and enjoying his very first Christmas! Right now, Scott is over at his parents' while I am home with Daniel to allow him to get a good nap before heading back over there to open gifts and enjoy a delicious lunch of ham, potato casserole, homemade rolls, green bean casserole and I'm sure some other yummy dishes! I can't believe it's Christmas AND it's warmer than 50 outside, but I'm sure it'll be a wonderful day! :o)
Yesterday, to start off the Christmas weekend, we went over to Scott's parents' house to play games and have a biscuit and gravy brunch with his parents and Geoffrey, who is in town. Bryan was working, but the rest of us had fun playing Dominoes and eating the yummy food! Then, we headed over to Amanda's where my other sister, Lelia, and her husband Wayne joined Amanda and us for pizza and The Farming Game (or whatever that is called). It was good to see them before we celebrate our Christmas together next week over New Year's. We had a fun afternoon there, and then headed to our church for the Christmas Eve service at 5 p.m. Debbie King, a good friend of ours, played the keyboard for the service and did a great job and we enjoyed sitting with the Kings, Burgesses, and Cunninghams, catching up with them before enjoying the great service! After that we drove over to Scott's parents' church to join his family for their Christmas Eve service... Yep, it sounds like we were very religious. ;o) But, no, it was just nice to be able to go to our church and still be able to make it to theirs which was good, also!
After getting home last night, we started our new tradition of opening up Christmas PJs on Christmas Eve, which was tons of fun! We took pics, so I'll have to post some on here once I get all the Christmas pics loaded. Daniel's little PJs are super cute. They say Baby's 1st Christmas and have reindeer on them! (He is actually wearing them today, because he wanted to be extra comfy!) He LOVED opening up his gift and playing with the bag and tissue paper so much that we decided to go ahead and open all our gifts while he was happy instead of waiting until this morning. I'm glad we decided to do that because he hasn't been so happy so far this morning, but last night he was so adorable! :o) We video taped it all, and I'll definitely want to watch it again! He go a laugh and learn table that makes lots of cool noises and will definitely be something to enjoy for a long time. He unwrapped part of it, but I had to do the most after he decided his favorite part of gifts are the bows. :o) Lol. He LOVED all of his bows and tried to open and play with his toys WHILE holding the bows! He wouldn't let go of them! After opening and playing with that gift a little while he opened his big blue tub of mega blocks, which look like legos but they are gigantic! :o) The tub is big enough for him to fit in so he knocked it on it's side and then worked on digging out blocks while crawling almost entirely inside! :o) (Oh, by the way... He is not crawling yet, although he was SO excited about his gifts last night that we were pretty sure we saw him take a few 'crawls' forward, which was exciting! He crawls backwards ALL the time, but just doesn't go forwards yet!) Although he was super happy with those blocks, we had to have him open his last gift, so we brought out his last one which is a noisy zoo thing, which he also loved! After that he played forever with all of his toys while Scott and I opened our gifts! I had gotten Scott some type of tools (can't remember what) and he got me a mega big scrapbook supply holder wheely thing! I'm super excited!!! :o) Then we just watched Daniel play for awhile until it was past his bedtime and we had to put away his toys so he could go to bed. It was hilarious watching him as Scott put away the blocks! Scott would put the blocks in and Daniel would pull himself up and try to start taking blocks out again! HE didn't want to stop playing! :o) Lol.
So, that's been our Christmas so far! Super excited for today!!!
Well, he is still sleeping, so I think I will go ahead and do my 8-month 'letter' to my little guy now... Got to keep up with what changes he has had this month!! :o)
MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment