First of all, our little boy is is now 1 year old!!! Isn't that crazy?!?! I can hardly believe it! He had a great birthday, and although it was super busy for us all, we had lots of fun the time we spent with him and he had a great time hanging with family, too! Here is a rundown of the day... :o) Oh, and I will apologize now for how much I rambled!
April 22nd, began early for me for several reasons! I think I woke up around 5:30 or so both thinking about our little Daniel and how a year ago exactly I had just had him and thinking about everything that happened in the hours right after having him. Then, I also was thinking about the upcoming ultrasound which was happening at 9:20, where we would hopefully find out if we were having a boy or a girl! All of these thoughts running through my head made it very hard to fall back to sleep, so I was awake already when Daniel woke up ready to celebrate his first birthday! :o) Scott and I both went in to get him when he woke up, and walked into his room singing "Happy Birthday" to him. He was so cute standing up in his crib, smiling up a storm, probably thinking how silly we were being singing to him as we came in! :o)
His daddy made him pancakes for breakfast which he loved and then his grandma came over to watch him while Scott and I were at the ultrasound and shopping for maternity clothes. He took a nap and played with Grandma and Grandpa, while we headed over to my midwife's office and had my ultrasound!
I had been SO nervous about it for some reason, because I kept being afraid that they wouldn't know for sure if it was a boy or a girl... I know they aren't ever "for sure" because only God knows right now, but I was afraid they would say they didn't know at all or that it was only like 70% sure or something, and so I was expecting anything. It was SO amazing seeing my little baby on the screen, though, hearing the heartbeat and watching baby move as they checked out everything! Almost right away the doctor and midwife both said they didn't see any 'parts' so they were thinking it must be a girl. I wasn't really going with that, though, because to me it didn't sound like they were that sure, BUT I did get a bit excited because I had been REALLY wanting a girl especially in the last few weeks! (And Scott has been saying it would be a girl all along.) ANYWAY, as they were checking everything else I asked if they were pretty positive it was a girl and they said they were but they would check again, so they did for me. :o) They pointed out all the 'areas' for me (ultrasounds are way too hard to figure out!) and they said they would say it was like 99% certain it was a girl! SOOO, I do know they could still be wrong and we could have a little boy in there, which I would be completely fine with, but I am going with girl right now and I'm VERY excited! :o) I was almost crying, actually... It was so cool! I loved waiting until Daniel's birth to find out with him but not being so tired from delivery and all was nice, too, because I think it was able to sink in more this time. Anyway, I'm so excited to meet our little Lydia Grace!
After the ultrasound, Scott and I drove over to the mall and went to Target first of all. We wanted to find a cute Easter dress to take a picture of and send to our friends and family to announce that we were having a girl! :o) We found one that was sort of close to the size she might be by next Easter, took the picture, and spent awhile sending texts out and answering them as everyone wrote back so excited! Then, we shopped for maternity clothes for me, which was super fun! I bought a long, black dress at Target for Hawaii, and then bought shorts, capris, and shirts at the maternity store, spending my birthday money and a gift card Scott had given me back when we had first found out we were pregnant again! :o) That was a lot of fun, but I was super excited to get back to my birthday boy!!!
We picked up Daniel from Scott's parents and headed back into GJ to grab lunch and go to Sherwood Park for a picnic lunch! We ordered his very first kid's meal - a cheese quesadilla from Bocaza's. We laid out a blanket on the grass and ate lunch first of all, which was a lot of fun! Daniel had so much fun eating his meal and played for awhile on the blanket until he seemed to realize how close he was to the play equipment so he decided he needed to crawl around. He did his weird little crawl since he had shorts on - no knees touching the grass... and we watched him crawl all over the place until his Aunt Amanda and cousin, Vienna got there.
They brought him some yummy ice cream for his birthday, because I hadn't made him a cake or anything since his birthday party isn't until next week. He LOVED the ice cream, but then really wanted to go play again, so Scott took him and Vienna to the playground and pushed them in the swings for awhile.
I still can't believe how much Daniel LOVES swinging! I took a ton of pictures, so you can see how much fun he was having! He didn't want to go, but we had to get him down eventually. Amanda and Vienna took him over to their place after that, where he played with bubbles and Vienna in the backyard and then watched Vienna dye Easter eggs. Scott and I headed to the Honda place in town to test-drive a van we had looked at...
We spent quite awhile at the car dealership, but ended up trading in my Subaru Forester and buying the van! I LOVE it! It's an '08 Honda Odyssey, and has lots of space and 8 seats (the middle one on the 2nd row can be taken out to just look like a normal mini van inside) and has many super cool features. :o) We are excited and looking forward to building many awesome memories with our family on road trips over the years ahead!
That evening we took Amanda and Tyler out to dinner at Applebees and Daniel had a great birthday dinner there! Then, it was home and bedtime! It had been a LONG but amazing day!
No comments:
Post a Comment