Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dear Lydia - 1 month old!






Dear Lydia,

Hello my little girl! Today you are a whole month and two days old! It seems like you have been a part of our family for such a long time already... We all love you SO much! Even though each day has been filled to the brim for us with taking care of both you and your big brother, it has been such a joy and Mommy has loved all the time I've been able to spend with you and Daniel! I can't believe how fast you grow, though! I'm so excited for your Dr. appointment this next week so I can see how much you now weigh and how tall you are!

You have been such a great little girl! Almost from the time you arrived you have been napping and sleeping AMAZINGLY! That has been such a great blessing to your daddy and me and gives me some time to spend one-on-one with your big brother which is very important for him and me. Then, when Daniel goes down to nap you and I get some quality time together which is a lot of fun! You love laying down on my lap and looking up at me while I talk and talk. I can't wait until you start cooing and 'talking' back! You have done that a little bit but not very much yet and it is so cute! You also enjoy spending about five minutes at a time on your activity mat staring at everything, but not much longer than that... you still love being held much more than that!

You have also been working really hard at lifting your head more and are doing such a great job at it! I think you feel like you need to move around sooner than later because there is so much you don't want to miss out on, especially with a busy older brother running all over the place! You've also been very close to rolling over from your back to your tummy already! Such a big girl! :o)

My favorite thing that you've been doing for a few weeks now has been your big smiles that you share many times during the day! You are absolutely adorable when you look at us and flash a big smile across your face! :o) I've tried to get some pictures but you are too fast for me and away goes your smile whenever my camera comes out!

For the past few weeks you have been sleeping usually 6 to 8 hours a night which has been SO nice! Two nights ago you did 9 hours straight which was the longest so far! At this rate it won't be long at all before you are sleeping the entire night through! Yay! :o)

You LOVE your daddy time, that is for sure! I think you will definitely end up being a daddy's little girl, but that is fine with me because your daddy is amazing and the best dad there is! :o) Every evening you spend a lot of time rocking with Daddy and he is the one who usually rocks you to sleep before bed after I feed you. It's amazing how much faster you fall asleep on him than on me! You must just be real relaxed around him! You also love having daddy and brother time together... You and Daniel will hang out on your daddy's lap while you watch TV or listen to music and I love watching the three of you because y'all are so cute!

I'm so excited to see how many more things you will be learning this next month! Tomorrow we are leaving for Breckenridge for the weekend with my family and lots of friends! It will be your first big trip other than to Delta and should be really fun! There is a good chance you'll also be able to see your first ever snowfall, which will be cool because that was the first place Daniel saw his first snow last year! I hope you have fun and I'll take lots of pictures!

Love you SOOOOO much, little girl!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment