Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas is just around the corner...

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! This month has been such a busy one for us, but I have to say that I'm looking SO forward to Christmas which is seriously coming up way too fast! Tomorrow I really want to go to the craft fair in town just because they are amazing and get me all in the Christmas spirit and then in the afternoon / evening we are putting up our Christmas tree, village and decorations! SO excited! I'm also really excited this year because I know it'll be the first one that Daniel will actually sort of realize what's happening, so that makes it even more special... even though it'll be good times keeping him away from the ornaments on the tree! I'm also excited to maybe start some more Christmas / winter family traditions... for one, we are definitely going to take the family up on the Grand Mesa or on Glade Park to go sledding! Daniel will LOVE that, and Lydia is such a great little girl who loves doing pretty much everything as long as she is with people who love and hold her! :o)

Our Thanksgiving Day was great! We spent the entire day over at Scott's parents with his parents and Scott's brothers. Daniel had a great time running back and forth between his uncles and his grandparents and all his toys! The meal was amazing and it was nice to just hang out, rest, watch the parade and football, and look through lots of ads! :o) Last night while Scott stayed home with the sleeping kids, I went out to brave the crowds and got some things at Walmart and quite a lot at Kohls, which was awesome! Getting super close to finishing our Christmas presents, other than the ones we still need to make! :o) It was actually a lot of fun getting out and shopping, even with the crowds. I've decided I'm just really laid-back because I just walk through all the crowds in no big hurry, getting what I need and then visiting with people in line. :o) I got back by 2 a.m. and got some sleep before the kids woke up this morning around 8.

We had donuts for breakfast (Daniel LOVES going to City Market to get donuts with Daddy!) and then after cleaning up some around the house Scott and I headed into town for a quick date while his parents watched the kids. We watched the new Twilight movie which was really good, although definitely more gory and bloody than the others! As soon as the movie ended I headed over to Joanns at the mall to get some shopping done there while Scott went back to help with the kids. It was so much fun getting to shop and look all around the store just by myself and not in the middle of a huge crowd or in the middle of the night! :o) We had dinner at Scott's parents and now I'm just hanging out with Scott while he is watching Lydia and Daniel just went down for the night.

Well, I need to go now but I'll try to update again soon. I want to tell all about our trip to Kansas and Texas next time! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment