Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Sunday, March 11, 2012

6 Month Old Lydia

So it seems like I have lots I should be writing back on here, but I wanted to do an update on my big, little girl first before sharing the sad news in our family over the past week... It's hard to go through hard times in life and still remember the little blessings, but my little girl is now 6 months and 1 week old so I want to share some of the joys of the last month in her life!

It's now been like a month and a half since she started sitting up on her own and it is by far her favorite thing to do now! I LOVE watching little ones sit up! They are so adorable and it's a lot of fun to just sit her up on her blanket and give her some toys and let her play and play! Daniel loves to sit in front of her, also, and play with his toys and as I watch them interact and play with each other more and more, I'm even more thankful that we had our little girl so soon after Daniel! They are going to be the best of buds in not long at all! :o)

She is also rolling around a lot more now, which is awesome, although rolling over a lot at once in not her favorite, the same as it was with Daniel... But at least she can do it and occasionally will turn herself on her back or her front if she is not happy with where she is at!

She also got her FIRST tooth in last month! It was just shortly after turning 5 months old (Feb. 14th to be exact) and she is so adorable with her little toothie! I think she might be working on another one already, though, because she is drooling more at times again and some days she cries more when I put her down for naps. Overall, though, when it comes to naps, she has been a TROOPER! She naps amazingly well (usually at least three 2 hour naps a day, and occasionally goes through a few days in a row that she does more like four one hour naps...). She still only lasts usually 1 1/2 hours awake time in between sleeping unless we are out with friends because she loves people giving her attention! :o) She has gone to the nursery at church for two weeks in a row now and did awesome the first time (this morning she was a bit too tired because she skipped her nap with the time change and all...)

As for eating... we have tried avacado with her on my birthday and she seemed to like that okay but didn't hold much of it down at all before spitting it up... A few days ago I tried sweet potato after trying the avacado again with no luck. But, she didn't seem too interested in that either. Either she is a social eater and will need to eat around others who are eating, or she is very picky or she doesn't like the different textures yet... but hopefully we'll figure this all out soon so she can eat some real food! :o)

She is over 16 pounds now... not exactly sure how much until I take her in to her Dr. appt. again. Getting bigger and bigger though, and just wore her first 6-9 month outfit today! Her hair is still growing so long, also! So cute! :o)

I have put her up on all fours a few times to see if she has any interest in being in that position to get ready to crawl, but she doesn't seem to want to be like that at all right now which is fine by me. :o) We have a LOT of baby proofing to do before she starts crawling, but I can't believe that it could very well be sometime in the next two months! CRAZY!

Okay, I need to go for now because speaking of our little girl, she is awake and ready to sit and play for awhile! :o) I'll write more soon because I would like to share on the very sad events of the past month... the loss of my sweet little nephew Makaio... :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment