I've been wanting to write on here for so long and actually be able to talk about the exciting new changes happening in our lives! Let's start from the beginning...
Ever since we got married three years ago and even while we were dating, Scott and I had talked about what we thought our future might look like... Both of us had a desire during high school and college to one day serve God in either youth ministry, college ministry, or over-seas, but we didn't know what that was going to look like or where God wanted us... When we ended up getting pregnant with Daniel only a few months after our marriage, Scott began looking for a job to be able to provide for us during the changes a growing family would bring. He was blessed with an amazing job with Marathon Oil Company, and grew to enjoy the people he worked with, his work, and all the things that living here in GJ brought!
But, over time I began thinking a lot more about going into ministry and prayed a lot about the possibility of entering into full-time ministry somewhere... Scott and I talked from time to time about our future and both of us were pretty sure we wouldn't be where we were forever, but Scott didn't mention much about going into ministry until we talked a few months before this past Christmas ('11) and he mentioned the possibility of joining staff with Master Plan Ministries... He asked me what I thought and I was so excited to hear that he had been thinking and praying about the same thing I had been!
We talked with Jesse and Rhonda Denison in February about joining Master Plan and sent in our application on March 6th! April 21st we had our interview with Russ and Linda (and Rhonda with me and Kyle with Scott). Two days later we found out that we had been accepted on staff with Master Plan Ministry! YAY! It seemed like quite the fast process but we definitely knew that God was the one guiding us through all the steps and we are SO excited to be heading towards full-time college ministry!
Three weeks ago we were just starting our New Staff Training week down in Durango, CO, and the week followed as an amazing time with our fellow MPM staff team and was a great week of learning, growing, and full excitement of our support raising ahead of us and then our move onto our campuses! We met up at the Ranch that Master Plan has owned now for three years and Scott and I enjoyed getting the tour of the wonderful facility up there! It is so awesome seeing the work God is doing at that place already and how much more will be done as the work continues to be done getting it ready for staff trainings, retreats, etc in the future! I wish I had time to tell all about what God has done through the Ranch and how everything came about but I don't so if you want to read more, please go to the following website and read all about it! http://threetrailsranch.blogspot.com/
 |
| Part of us during the staff training |
 |
| The "old" staff praying for us new staff at the training. |
|
 |
| The Denver team on Auraria Campus! |
Our entire staff group is AWESOME! Once Scott and I and the other eight new staff have our groups of partners together to help financially support us and pray for us we will be joining an AMAZING Denver team at the Auraria Campus in downtown Denver, CO! We are SOOO excited to be joining Austin and Laura Krokos and their family, Jesse and Rhonda Denison and their family, Brad Jones, and Angi Pratt to reach that campus for Christ!
Ever since our New Staff Training we have been busy figuring our schedules and diving into support raising - telling others about the vision God has given us and adding partners to our group of supporters! It has been so exciting to see how many of our friends and families and people we don't even know are excited for us and are joining us financially and through prayer! Seeing God work and build our team is amazing and seeing my husband, Scott, step up and lead our family in this direction God is taking us has been so great! I love that man so much and I'm SO thankful that God gave me him for my husband! :o)
Speaking of Scott, he told his work a week or so ago that he would be leaving and entering into full-time college ministry! We are sad to be leaving such an amazing job with such amazing people, but it has been encouraging seeing them support us along the way! They have been such a great group of friends and I'm hoping we can stay in contact with several of them!
So I have MANY more things that I could write about but I know that I'll write again hopefully soon and I can share more of what we'll be doing on campus and all of that! If you have any questions please ask! :o) ALSO, our website for the master plan group is Masterplanministries.net, so you can go on there to see pics and read about the campuses and more about what we will be doing! I think I'll try to upload a few pics on here now and then post this considering it's taken me a few days to even write this much... (Yes, we've been CRAZY busy lately!)
Have an awesome week everyone!
 |
| Our family picture |
 |
| Our Entire MPM Staff Group - Kids and Adults! |
Oh Natalie I am so so so excited for you guys to get here!!!
ReplyDeleteME TOO!!! :o)
ReplyDelete