Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend in Delta with the Fam

Sometimes I find myself wanting to blog and then I sit here and I have no idea what to say! And when that happens my end result is a totally random, all over the place blog post, so enjoy!

We have had a wonderful, busy weekend with my family and it's one of those evenings that I really would love to be sitting at a coffee shop by myself reading, studying God's Word, journaling, and drinking an amazing vanilla chai! Now doesn't that sound delightful?! The awesome thing is that if we had a coffee shop nearby that stayed open past 9:00, my amazing hubby would totally let me spend the evening out having some alone time, but sad to say, Fruita doesn't have a nice, little coffee shop that stays open past 5:00 right now! Seriously! And this is another reason why I'm getting even more excited about living in Denver! I'm super excited to find an amazing atmosphere in an awesome coffee shop tucked away somewhere cool in Denver that might just stay open past 8 or 9:00!

Anyway, about our weekend... We had a great time in Delta at my parents' house Saturday morning til this morning! Our first plans were to go camping at Silverjack, but with all the fires around us and after thinking through everything, we decided to stick closer to home instead and I'm so glad we did! We were able to hang out with my parents, Lelia and Wayne, and Amanda  and the kids had a wonderful time with their aunts, uncle, and Pappy and Mawmaw! Saturday we just hung out and cooked, napped, and tried to stay cool! It was so nice and relaxing - I love being at my parents home and just hanging out! Sunday (yesterday) Amanda had to stay back at the house because she was taking Vienna to a birthday party in the afternoon, but the rest of us all drove up to the Grand Mesa to fish at one of it's many beautiful lakes! Lelia, Mom, Lydia, and I sat in the shade eating lunch, taking pictures, and watching as the guys - Dad, Scott, Wayne, and Daniel - fished for quite a few hours along the rocky side of the lake! Both Scott and Wayne caught some fish, but Dad wasn't as lucky with his fly fishing, but he still had lots of fun! It was so nice eating our picnic lunch, relaxing in our camp chairs in the peaceful mountain atmosphere, and enjoying each other's company. I love my family! :o) When we left we drove down to one of the little towns between Cedaredge and Delta and stopped at a little ice cream shop where Dad got us all ice cream! It was YUMMY DELICIOUSNESS! :o) I had some of Daniel's chocolate chip cookie dough and I had my own scoop of Coffee something or nother...

Last night Scott and I made / prepared dinner for everyone (burgers, grilled pineapple rings, watermelon, chips, Mediterranian Pasta Salad, and Double Chocolate Oatmeal cookies that were eaten before dinner arrived). :o) It was all delicious! (The Pasta Salad and the cookies were recipes from Pinterest, just to let you guys know... Check out my page under the "Good Recipes We've Tried So Far" to see those recipes because they were AMAZING!) After dinner and after the kiddos were put to bed, Scott, Wayne, and Dad went fishing at the little lake in Delta while us girls watched a movie back at the house. It was another laid-back evening and I enjoyed having some girl time! :o)

So I have pictures of this weekend which makes me now want to get them loaded onto my computer and edited a bit so I can attach some to here in a little while (hopefully) and put them onto my facebook, so I think I'll make this short and write more at another time! Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment