Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Monday, July 30, 2012

Random Odds and Ends from July

So I haven't written on here for awhile so I figured I would update a little on what's been going on in the Slade household! Get ready for random because that's the way I roll!

Scott's last day of work is TOMORROW! How is it that he is almost done with the business world and that we will finally be full-time ministry workers - soon to be on a college campus?! Crazy! It is so cool seeing God work through everything and we are super excited to enter into full-time support raising next week! So far everything has been going great! Meeting with everyone who is so excited for us and thrilled to partner with us in reaching out to college students is amazing and so encouraging!

Scott and I have also been reading through the book "The Master Plan of Evangelism" by Robert E. Coleman with the other new staff and we have been getting so much out of it! The book really focuses on how Jesus evangelized while on this earth. The last chapter we read was about how Jesus chose carefully and focused in on training the 12 disciples instead of just "impressing the crowds". He knew that he "needed people who could lead the multitudes" after he was gone. He never lost sight of his goals and vision. We must be like Jesus... "It will be slow, tedious, painful, and probably unnoticed by people at first, but the end result will be glorious, even if we don't live to see it... It is the question of which generation we are living for..." Good reminder of what we will be doing in college ministry and it's nice to be able to see that Jesus was not all about the numbers, but about training a certain few to be leaders who turned around to share what they learned with others! I'm excited to read the rest of the book!

Scott and I leave on Thursday morning bright and early to go to Steamboat Springs WITHOUT the kids for four days! We are BEYOND excited! I know it'll be crazy being away from the kids that long, but I'm so excited to spend some one-on-one time with Scott and to be able to rest, have fun, play games, fish, hike, pray, talk, swim, and focus on the upcoming changes and decisions that are around the corner! We are taking our pop-up camper and staying in a beautiful campground just outside of town! We don't have tons of plans so far, but I'm excited to just take it easy, go to the hot springs, walk around town, spend a day out at a lake fishing and swinging in the hammock, and just spending time away! Scott's parents and mine are splitting the time with the kids so I know they'll be taken care of and should have a fun time with their grandparents! Lydia had a bit of a runny nose today so I'm praying that she'll feel better soon and won't get sick... That would be so sad leaving a sick little girl. :o(

Speaking of the kids, they are both doing awesome! I've missed writing updates on Daniel since I don't do the monthly updates anymore! :o( So I'll try to write a little update now even though it's almost bedtime... He is 27 months old already - not sure where the days go! He has been talking up a storm lately and even though at times I still don't completely understand him, I probably do at least 70% of the time which is SO nice! He is usually a very caring, sweet little boy, although he has his 2-year-old times of roughness, screaming, and disobeying... :o) Awww, the joys of having a toddler! Most of the time he loves playing with his baby sister (who is almost 1!!) and he does so great sharing with her, bringing her toys, and waiting patiently as she follows him everywhere, but he does have those times where he likes to hit her for no reason so we've have lots of talks about that... He has the greatest smiles and his camera smile of "CHEESE" is awesome! I love how he squints his eyes shut when he smiles for a camera... too cute! He cares so much for people and loves holding hands, giving kisses, and giving hugs (for the most part). :o) Lately we have been praying with him a lot for the people around us who need it and it is so cool seeing how he folds his hands, squeezes his eyes closed, and then "prays" with us! He said his first prayer the other night before dinner... "God thank you food..." He is such an awesome boy and we are SO blessed by him every day! (I would go on and on but it'll have to wait til next time because it's super late and it's time for bed!)

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment