Dear Lydia,
Hello my sweet 11-month old (and 9 days) little girl! It is so hard to believe that you are already almost a year old! Where has the time gone?! I feel like the last year has been such a blur in ways which is really sad! :o( It's definitely true that with kids time goes by so much faster! Although, at the same time, I can hardly remember not having you with us... I can hardly believe it was this time last year that I was getting near the end of your pregnancy... I was getting antsy and excited to see you and was wondering if you were going to be coming in August or September! So crazy!
You have been such a sweet girl, as normal, lately! You are pulling yourself up to a standing position ALL the time now and LOVING being able to do that! You also enjoy opening cabinets all over the place, looking through the refrigerator whenever we have it open, peeking into trash cans, pulling out toys out of Daniel's toy boxes and making a big mess, and so many other things! You just love exploring and learning what new things you can learn about! (Right now you are pulling everything off the side table next to meet... oh boy! Good times!) :o)
We just switched you to your 12 month clothes which is fun for you and me seeing you in all your new clothes! So thankful still for your Aunt Amanda letting you have all of your cousin, Vienna's, old clothes! You are finally growing and growing... Not sure how much you weigh but I'm guessing at least 18 1/2 or 19 lbs. by now! Such a big girl!
One of your favorite things to do that you have been doing more and more every day has been clapping and clapping! You are so cute when you get super excited or when Daniel or someone else (including you) does something awesome of fun and you clap and clap with a big smile on your face! You also love music and have recently started bobbing your head a little when you see your big brother dancing to music! :o) I am so excited for you to be able to start dancing along with your brother! I wonder if you'll like music as much as him?
You LOVE saying "uh-oh," "wow,"and you also have started repeating a lot of sounds and words when we say them first... I'm sure you'll be "talking" so much more soon!
I have been working on figuring out your 1st birthday party! Not sure what theme we will do yet, but I'm thinking maybe a pink butterfly type theme... I've seen lots of cute ideas and I think they would be so cute! We'll be doing the party at a park because our house goes up on the market on Friday and we don't want to have a showing in the middle of the party, but I think you'll love that because you love swinging at parks and crawling in the grass is one of your favorite activities!
You got four upper teeth this last month! I'm so sorry you had to get them all in at once, but you did awesome and only had a few fussier than normal days. Not sure when the others will be coming in... you have a total of six now!
A week ago Daddy and I went on a 3 1/2 day trip and you and Daniel got to spend some time with your Grandpa and Grandma and your Pappy and Maw-Maw! You did awesome with them (although I'm sure you missed me a lot more than you let on... ;o) and you are now so much closer to your Grandma and Maw-Maw! It is so nice seeing you want to go with them when we go visit now instead of just staying with me all the time... You make them so happy when you give them kisses and hugs and big smiles!
We need to start doing more painting and coloring activities with you because you love doing art stuff! (Definitely like big brother in that!) We did a hand painting activity with your cousin Vienna the other day, and you had so much fun having me paint your hand all purple for your elephant! :o) It was such a cute little elephant!
We love you oh so much little one! Thanks for all you do to brighten our lives! Praying that this next month is awesome for you and that you become even closer friends with your big brother! I love watching y'all grow up together!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment