Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Friday, September 14, 2012

Just being lazy...

The kids are napping and I just finished writing thank you's for Lydia's birthday party! I am now sitting on my bed watching the fall premier of "Parenthood" while Scott is hanging out with his brother this afternoon. I'm so glad Scott is finally able to go have some fun! He has been doing so much around here - cleaning, taking care of the kiddos, calling and making appointments to meet with people about joining our support team, and so much more without ever complaining! I have such an awesome hubby! It's also nice to be able to have some alone time to just get some random things done and rest some while the kiddos nap! I just drank a vanilla chai, and I have to say that I am SO excited for fall! I'm excited for the cooler days, getting darker sooner in the evenings (something that is a little weird because I usually hate that, but I'm excited to have more evening time with Scott maybe sitting in front of our gas fireplace with some chai?!), watching the leaves change colors, going to the park and playing in the fallen leaves with Daniel and Lydia, taking pictures of my favorite season, and so much more!

We have been doing great! Support raising has been going great and it has still been such an encouragement meeting with people and families who share our excitement with the college ministry! It's hard at times reading and hearing about all the students and staff on the Auraria Campus knowing that we are still here, but it's also exciting because I'm getting SO, VERY excited to be on campus next year reaching out to all of those students and others and sharing God's love with them!

The whole house selling thing hasn't been going the greatest so far, but I know that God has a plan and the perfect people will make an offer when it's God's will! We have only had three showings so far, so a week or so ago we lowered the price a little bit... It's been crazy keeping the house so clean all the time, and making sure it's in showing condition just in case whenever we leave the house, but at the same time I think it's been good to get into this habit because maybe it'll help us in the cleaning/organizing our future homes down the road! I have to say having a clean home is amazing, that's for sure! :o)

The kids are awesome! I know I just wrote has Lydia her long 1-year letter which updated a lot about her, so I will take some time letting you know all about how Daniel is doing! He is almost 2 1/2 years (in about a month), which is crazy! He has been so, very attached to Scott lately which is hard at times, but then super cute at other times! Whenever Scott leaves for an appointment or just to go somewhere during the day, Daniel will usually give him at least two or three big hugs goodbye, hugging his leg while saying "Goodbye Daddy, Goodbye Daddy!" It is so cute! He still LOVES reading and will read his books and have others read to him much of the day! One of the cutest things he's been doing lately has been "reading" some of his books to us lately, at least parts of them! You can definitely tell which books we read to him the most, because he has memorized much of them! I need to take a video of him and Scott reading "Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom" because that is by far the cutest! I can't believe how well he memorizes parts of the book, even the way we read the words!

He has also memorized many of the songs we sing to him, so it's cute hearing him sing them to his teddies or to Lydia... It is getting more and more easier to understand what he says when he's talking, but we still have those times when he loves to slur his words together as little toddlers do!

The other day I went into his room after his nap and watched as he was lining up all four of his teddies with their backs against the edge of the crib... He then sat in front of them and proceeded to tell them it was story time. It was so cute! :o) I gave him a book and he "read" it to them, taking them one at a time and having them sit in his lap while he read to them and let them touch the pages. It was adorable! He is such a teacher and when he shows his caring, sweet side like that it just makes me so happy and I'm SO excited to see what kind of a boy he is going to turn into! He has also been so nice with Lydia lately... He helps clean up her toys, shares much more easily than before, and tells her "Good job, Sis" whenever she is doing a good job with something. It is so cute!

There is so much more I could say about our boy, Daniel, but it'll have to wait for another time! Thanks for reading my little random update on life!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah and I are hoping to watch Parenthood tomorrow - I am so excited for all our shows to come back. Can't wait to hang out Tuesday! It will be awesome. I am making Pink Lemonade Cupcakes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound AMAZING! Super excited to try them! :) Yeah, Parenthood was so good! I'm excited for all the shows to start up again, too!

    ReplyDelete