Dearest Lydia Grace,
Hello my little, sweet girl! You are 13 months, 4 days old and getting to be such a big girl! We just got back from three days in Breckenridge with Pappy, Maw-Maw, and all of that side of the family! It was such a wonderful time and you started doing and saying so many new things! First of all, you are now standing up on your own again and again without pulling up using furniture of someone's legs. :o) It was SO cute watching you figure it out! Vienna and Daniel were dancing in the living room on Saturday and you started moving back and forth, trying to dance also. Then, before we knew it you crawled to the middle of the room next to them and stood up. You bobbed up and down and swayed back and forth a bit, and then lost your balance and fell down. You repeated this over and over and you'd stood many other times since then... mainly to dance, though. Lol. You are TOO cute! Today you tried taking one step towards your Aunt Lelia, but the second you lifted one foot up you sat down... I think you are still a bit scared of taking that first step! But I think you are definitely close!
You also really enjoyed climbing up onto the stone in front of the fireplaces in our rooms up in Breckenridge... Little girl, you are definitely a risk taker already and LOVE climbing into things, on top of places, and doing other things that your brother never would have dreamed of doing at your age! :o) I love seeing how different the two of you are!
Lydia, you are also LOVING talking and have started saying many new words! Your favorites lately have been saying "hi" and waving to almost everyone you see, even complete strangers in the street or a restaurant! (And you don't quite understand if they don't wave back!) You also say "hi" and "bye-bye" whenever you see yourself in the mirror which is cute. :o) You LOVE doggies, so you always say "Hi dog!" whenever you see a dog lately. :o) I know there are some other words you have learned this month but I can't remember them right now...
You have been very attached to your teddy and doll lately! Sometimes when I come and get you in the morning, you hold onto your teddy so tight that I just let you take it around with you during the morning! You give teddy such great kisses and hugs. It's so cute!
A week and a half ago we took you up to the Grand Mesa to be able to see the fall colors up there for the first time in your young life! Your favorite thing was crawling around in all the leaves and playing with them all! You are quite the lover of the outdoors and anything that could possibly get you covered in dirt is something you'd like to be a part of! ;o) You will love going to a park sometime soon to play in more leaves!
Mommy has really enjoyed dressing you up in your new outfits you got for your birthday, especially as it has gotten cooler outside! And, this weekend Pappy and Maw-Maw got you you first pair of black leggings which will be SO cute to wear this fall and winter with some of your dresses and skirts! Can you tell that I LOVE dressing you up?! I just wish you enjoyed wearing pony-tails and bows more... Each morning I'll put your hair in something, but I usually have to hide whatever I put in your hair because as soon as you realize you have a bow within reach you yank it out and there goes that! ;o) At least you are still cute, especially because your hair has gotten SO long! It is beautiful!
I'm so excited to see what all this next month holds for you! Love you, my dear, beautiful little girl!
Love,
Mommy
Here are just a few of the cute pictures we took of you this past month... All taken up on the Mesa! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment