My little boy is already 5 months old today! So many of my friends have been having babies in the past few weeks... Each time one does it makes me think back to that time that seems like ages ago when Scott and I went to the hospital to have our little one, not knowing if it was a boy or a girl. Gee whiz! It seriously seems like forever ago! I can hardly remember not knowing our little Daniel; not hugging him in my arms or getting big, slobbery kisses from him; not taking a diaper bag and baby everywhere we go; or having the opportunity to not be quite as responsible as we are now. :o) For every moment I've had with him I have been thankful for... I really don't know what we would have done without our little boy! He is amazing and definitely the joy of our lives!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Little Daniel, you are getting to be quite the big boy! Physically, you are getting taller and heavier, for sure, but I'm not positive how much so because you won't have your next appointment until six months. I just know that over the past week or so you have been sleeping a lot more and even I can tell that you are getting much bigger all around! Sometimes I think about how you will be in a few months - crawling all over the place and working on walking later on. I can't believe how fast you grow! There are many things you love to do now... much more so than at any other point of your young life. Your days usually consist of waking up between 7 and 8 after a good 10-12 hours of sleep (Mommy loves you for this, for sure!), and after a yummy breakfast of Mommy's milk you are usually good to 'cuddle' with Mommy a little while (I need my kisses and hugs from you after that long night apart) and then you have some play time on your mat and sometimes some tummy time. We are working on getting you to actually roll over again, which does not seem to interest you so much right now. We're also trying to work on building your arm muscles to get you ready to begin crawling, so I have been putting your whale pillow under your chest so you can have a jumpstart on bringing your chest up high with your arms. You loved your time on it today... trying to read your little cloth book and eating your little blue blankie. You are usually up for an hour before heading to your swing for your first nap of the day. Yep, you are still napping in your swing! Even after being gone in Denver for the entire last week without your swing, you still much prefer that over napping in your crib. I'm not exactly sure why, considering night time is okay in your crib, but that's okay... Mommy is realizing that you might just need that extra soothing motion that the swing gives you, at least for now. The rest of the day consists of three to four naps with usually up to 2 hours of eating/play time in between them. You are loving your 'jumper' from Maw-Maw and Pappy, your play mat as always, watching "Your Baby Can Read" DVDs on TV (you LOVE watching little kids talk to you!), being read to (especially your favorite "pigeon" books), playing airplane on Mommy, cuddling, walks in your stroller, car rides, or almost any type of time with Daddy. You love your cousin Vienna, too, who makes you burst out laughing most of the time! :o) It's so cute! She loves you, too. :o) I love going on walks with you because you are always so happy and smile at everyone we pass. You love being out and about and just want to take everything in and learn, learn, learn! You have also been trying to 'talk' a lot to us lately because you babble on and on sometimes. The cutest is when I put a book in front of you and you try to 'read' it to me. I think you are so used to us reading books to you that you are realizing when we have a book you are to speak. :o)
There is so much more I could say to you, my little boy, but these are just some of the highlights from this month! You are looking very forward to turning six months already because you are super excited about eating some 'real' food! You love sitting with us while we eat already and have tried many times to take our food off of our plates. Silly boy! :o) One day I know I'll not be looking for a second and you will end up putting some type of food in your mouth... Just wait a little bit longer and then you can find out the excitement of eating avacados, sweet potatoes, and other yummy veggies that we'll be starting you on! Yumm! Doesn't that sound delicious?! :o)
I love you SOOOO much, Daniel! God has blessed your daddy and I immensely by giving us you! We're so excited to see you grow even more in many ways this next month!
Love,
Your Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment