The past few days have been so nice just being home! Daniel has been waking up at least once for the past three nights, so that makes it even nicer to be home so that both of us can get extra rest. I'm not sure what is causing this phase, but I'm hoping it doesn't last long. :o) Right now it is 9 am and he is still asleep, after being up for an hour and a half last night. I guess that part is nice, but I wasn't able to sleep in because I'm babysitting a friend's little girl this morning, who should be arriving at any minute. :o) I'm expecting him to wake up at any minute, though, and he'll be very excited to see her here because he absolutely loves little kids! I think they could entertain him for hours, at least!
Tuesday afternoon I gave Daniel a bath, which is one of my favorite things to do with him now! :o) He is SO cute taking baths! He's at the age where he loves water (warm water, that is) and he will splash, splash, splash the entire time! I really need to remember to take my camera in there sometime and take a picture of him in his little bathtub... I'm not sure how much longer he'll be able to fit in that tub before going on to the real bathtub or one of those little seat things. After that we drove out to Fruita to see our house again... We needed to take measurements of some things and take more pictures. (I will try to load some of those pictures on here soon.) It was great seeing the house again because it's amazing all the things I didn't notice before that I love! For example, I love all the lights everywhere! It has amazing light fixtures and the places they put lights make it so pretty everywhere! I'm so excited to actually live there and see how it looks at night with all the lights on. Lol. I know... I'm silly, but I like that sort of thing. :o) We also had to check what windows for sure had blinds and all... We're trying to decide what to get. After we left there, we grabbed something for dinner and then went to my sister, Amanda's, to have some homemade chocolate chip cookies that Vienna and her made. :o) They were delicious! Then we headed back home at actually an early time, which was amazing! Scott and I were able to watch a movie, which had been such a long time since we have done that (we are usually super tired by the time Daniel goes down at 9 or 9:30), so that was fun to have that time with him. :o)
Yesterday (Wed.), Daniel and I just hung out at our apartment enjoying the sounds of the rain outside and the cloudy day! I LOVED being able to wake up to that sound... I love, love, love the rain! Scott came home for lunch and then after lunch Daniel slept on me for much of the afternoon after he wouldn't go down for his naps, and we watched some of his "Your Baby Can Read" DVD, which he loves! Last night we went for dinner at a friends, which was nice, and I kept dreaming up ways to decorate our new house! I'm getting so super excited! Lately I've been looking online for different good ideas of decorating the million and one 'planter ledges' that we have in our living room, dining room, and two front bedrooms. I've never had those before, so I'm trying to think of things I can put on it to make them look extra cute. :o) Also, things that would be non-expensive would be awesome!
Okay, I need to go! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment