Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ready for the fall...

So many things going on in our lives lately. It's been a lot of fun, but I'm exhausted! I love the summer, but I always get so tired near the end of it because of the almost constant going and going we usually do. I'm so looking forward to the fall! I'm excited to be in our new home with just our little family... Scott, Daniel, and I. I'm excited for the cool evenings to go on walks around our new place with my hubby and son and for it to begin getting darker earlier so we can enjoy our new gas fireplace, since we don't have a real one, and sipping tea or hot chocolate while we talk, watch a movie, or just watch our little one growing up. :o) The fall is a beautiful time of year, too. I can't wait to see the leaves begin changing on the trees around the Grand Valley, and for drives we'll probably take up on the Grand Mesa, which is exceptionally beautiful in the fall! SO many things to look forward to, but I have to realize that even now as I'm looking forward to that time, right now is pretty amazing too!

I am sitting in our recliner on this nice, warm day (probably about 70 degrees out), watching Daniel play with all his toys on his play mat. He's getting so close to rolling over from his back to tummy... I am just waiting each day wondering if it'll happen today. I know once that happens, he'll be moving on to a whole new stage where he'll want to roll everywhere and then eventually begin crawling all over the place! Then I will have to get really serious with baby-proofing... especially getting up cords around the place, as that is the main things I don't want him getting into. He is trying to grab his little stuffed giraffe right now. Maybe he'll just roll over and get it!

Scott just came over for lunch, which was great! I love that he gets to come home for his hour lunch each day. Especially after a long three day weekend when I got to see him every day, all day! It's also nice to be able to feel more like a wife... getting his sandwich made and having lunch ready for him when he gets home. Dinner is a whole different scene, because it takes longer to make dinners, which makes it hard with little Daniel's schedule to have time to cook while he is happy and not eating. Plus we go, go, go so much every evening that I don't really get the chance to make dinner much because I can't get it done before we have to leave. Thus, Scott makes dinner a lot or we do really simple things. Once we are in our new home, I am determined to do better with meals, and maybe I will venture forth and do the 30-meals in a day thing, since we are planning on buying a deep freezer that I should probably use! I wanted to do that awhile back and never made myself actually do it... Now I realize how nice it would be to actually do since I really do want to make meals for Scott when he gets home.

This weekend was so much fun! Even though it was extremely tiring for Daniel, he did great - much better than I first thought he would. :o) Sunday we went to church which was really great and while we were there our friends, Shawn and Katie, invited us to go boating with them on Monday. We decided that that would be a lot of fun and we could see if Daniel liked it, so Scott and I went to the mall to get swim suits which we had both been needing to get for awhile now. This is definitely the best time to get them considering they are all super cheap now! We got those and then went home to rest before Jessica's birthday dinner at Zen Garden. We went to that and then went to David and Jessica's and played games with them before heading home at our normal 8:30 / 9 time to get Daniel to bed.

Monday was a lot of fun boating with the Allens! Through a friend of theirs, we were able to go to a private lake out near Whitewater, which was awesome considering all the other lakes nearby would probably have been super full considering it was Labor Day. We put so much sunscreen on little Daniel and decked him out in his cute little swimming trunks and shirt from my uncle and aunt and he did awesome! He loved it when we were going super fast around the lake, bouncing around on the water. Katie, Shawn, and Scott all did the wake-boarding, wake surfing, and knee boarding, while I watched Daniel and them. I tried getting in at one point but I am a big wimp in cold water and it was freezing! I had a lot of fun in the boat, though, and it really was a wonderful day to be out (only like 75 degrees the whole time we were there). I was so bummed, though, because we forgot our camera, so we just got a few pictures on our phones (definitely not the greatest quality). I'll put a few of them on here just so y'all can see how cute our little boy was!





Monday evening we went to a BBQ with our small group to finish off the weekend. That was fun seeing many families we hadn't seen in awhile. This morning I had my first Proverbs 31 mom's group at the church which will be meeting the 1st and 3rd Tuesday morning of each month... It was great being able to meet many new ladies from church and visiting and eating good food with them. :o) Then one of the 'older' moms from church talked to us about different life experience she has had and about how she learned to turn over everything to God and give up control in her life. It was really good. I wish I could have taken notes, but poor little Daniel was very tired and was quite fussy while we were there. :o(

Speaking of being fussy, I need to go check on him. I just put him down for a nap about ten minutes ago and he is still crying... He is so tired and has been so off schedule this weekend that I know it's probably hard getting back into naps and everything. Hopefully he'll fall asleep soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment