Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Breckenridge Trip and Preparations to Move...

Wow! So much has been going on! It's definitely been a crazy, crazy few weeks! Two weeks ago today, I'm pretty sure Daniel came down with some kind of sickiness which I ended up getting and we had a LONG week with a fussy little guy who didn't want to sleep much. We thought he was teething at first, which might be part of it, but no tooth yet, so we'll see about that! Of course it happened to be through our weekend in Breckenridge, which was a little hard on us, but overall our trip was still awesome! :o) It was so nice to close on our house on Friday the 8th and then leave shortly after that for the mountains for three days with my family.

We had a great time up in the beautiful mountains of CO! I just love that we live in this state and are so close to all the amazing places around here! We stayed in this really nice condo like place with my parents, sisters, Amanda's boyfriend, and my brother-in-law. They were all amazing and gave Scott, Daniel, and I the big Master bedroom suite so that was wonderful although little guy woke up at least twice a night all weekend! We spent the days watching the TX Ranger games (COME ON RANGERS!), shopping downtown, hot-tubbing, walking around the area, eating, and playing games. It was perfect fall weather up there, which was so nice, and it even snowed from time to time... not ever really sticking, though. We had bought Daniel a cute little bear suit to keep warm in while he was out in the chilly weather, so he was extra cute in that each time we went out. He felt his first snow coming down from the sky and I think he liked it. :o) I'm so glad we had that time away before we headed back home and entered into the chaotic craziness of moving!!!









I headed out to our new house this last Wed. to clean all day while my mom watched Daniel here at the apartment. I got lots done, although it took me much longer than I had first thought it would. But, it was so nice to actually be able to see all the corners after getting the spider webs and bugs vacuumed up... Buying a foreclosure where they don't clean it before we buy it and having it empty for the entire summer definitely meant we didn't have the most perfect looking place before I got in there. It looked much better by the time I got home. We went out there almost every day last week to work on different things at the house, and ended up beginning the painting process Friday night while Daniel was with Scott's parents. Scott and I were able to to the two rooms we wanted painted almost done - just the first coat - by the time we left that morning... (Well, I left at 8:30 and he left at 12:30... he did a bit more than me!) We painted our front room a beautiful green - it looks so nice - and ended up painting Daniel's room a sky blue on two walls and a really light blueish/creamish color on the others. I will have to post pics for sure. Saturday my dad, Scott, and Bryan ripped up the wood floor in the living room which took forever since it was all glued on and Mom and I finished painting. We get carpet in tomorrow and Thurs. and a new furnace and hot water heater on Thurs. too.

Yesterday, Amanda and my friend, Christine, came over to help me pack and we got so much done! It was amazing!! :o) I am now surrounded by boxes and mom is coming over in a few hours to help pack some more. I am so ready to move! I can hardly wait for Saturday! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment