
As you can see, we got some super cute pictures of the two of them, and Amanda took some good ones of our family, also. Vienna picked out a gigantic pumpkin from the patch, and Daniel got a little one more his size, that he still needs to decorate. (I'm going to let him play with paint for the first time and paint a 'picture' on it before Halloween hopefully.)


Just before the sun went completely down we started going through their corn maze, and Vienna had a lot of fun 'leading' everyone through it, as Amanda and Scott kept track of where we were on the little map. It was such a fun time, and a great evening in the middle of a busy, busy week of doing stuff at our new place before moving in!

Wednesday and Thursday they put the new carpet in the house and we got a new furnace and hot water heater by Friday, too. The new carpet is amazing! SUPER soft and definitely helps to brighten up the entire house! :o) I will definitely post some pictures on here once I finish unpacking... We got the new sidearm hot water heater / furnace, too, which I guess is more economical, and saves a lot of money over time. It works much better than the old ones, so that's what I care about right now! :o) I spent most of the days getting the last things packed up at the apartment, trying to get everything ready for people to help us move out on Saturday.
Saturday morning, Bryan and my mother-in-law came over and helped us with the last minute things before she took Daniel to their place so I could help my dad, sisters, Tyler, David, Jessica, Bryan, and Scott load things up in the cars and moving truck. We began everything around 9:30 and were finished and headed over to the new house by noon, which was amazing timing! I'm sure the homemade cinnamon rolls that Scott's mom made us helped give us that extra burst of energy needed! We got over to our new house in time to have homemade pizza also made by Evelyn, and then got everything unloaded and most put where they were supposed to go by 1:30. We were MOVED! :o) Daniel took a good, long nap in his new room that afternoon while I began working on unloading the kitchen boxes with Evelyn. We ended up getting about half done, which definitely felt good, and then I took the rest of the evening off. We were exhausted!
Sunday, after church, we went over and ordered our new washer and dryer from Sears and Scott got a new grill and saw thing for his garage. :o) The washer and dryer should be here on Saturday, which I'm so excited about! It's going to be amazing to have a washer and dryer here... right off the kitchen, even... so I can do laundry whenever I wish! :o) Just one amazing thing about our new home! Sunday night we had some friends over and were able to show off our new house and spend some time carving pumpkins in the backyard. I can't wait to have even more people over... I LOVE having the room to entertain again! So thankful for this place!
This week I have been staying busy unpacking, decorating, and organizing! Daniel's room is just about complete... just have one more box to unpack. The dining room and kitchen are about done, too. It looks so nice! :o) I was planning on getting our room done today, and the rest of the living room decorated, but I'm needing some advice from Scott as to where to put pictures, so instead I am updating my blog. :o) I love this new house! The kitchen and dining room are amazing, and really look awesome with all my pictures up and our table and bookshelf where they go. I went and bought some fall decorations at Ross and Michaels two days ago, so those beautiful reds, greens, yellows, and oranges add a lot to the living room and dining room, too. I love those colors! I could keep them up all year around and that would be fine by me! :o)
Daniel has been adjusting really well to our new place, too. He sleeps amazing at night and loves, loves, loves his closet mirror! :o) Today he has been extremely tired, for some reason, so he is down for his third LONG nap of the day, after being really grumpy while awake. Poor guy. He's probably going through another growth spurt. Hopefully it'll happen fast and then he'll be our happy little one again!
This weekend we have Halloween party after Halloween party! Tomorrow night is one with some friends from church. Poor little Daniel can't go, though, so we are planning on just putting him down and then going while Scott's parents stay here at our house to watch him in case he wakes up... Then, on Saturday we have a work party which he gets to dress up for and go with us, and then Sunday is a party at my sister, Amanda's, which Daniel also gets to go to. He is going to be a monkey and super de duper cute! :o) When I tried on the costume the other day he didn't like the ears / head part, though, so hopefully he won't mind it as much this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment