So yesterday it rained, which was AMAZING! And, today, it has looked like it could rain or snow all day... I haven't been outside yet, so I don't really know what the temperature is. I am SO ready for Spring to be here! I know it is still Feb. but still... :o) I'm looking so forward to taking Daniel to the park and on walks during the day, going on picnics with Daniel and with Scott on weekends, and enjoying the small town life being able to walk to festivals and downtown to grab a coffee or ice cream every once in awhile. :o) Anyway... enough dreaming for now. I don't want to rush the months by too fast, so I will be happy for where I am right now even if it does snow again.
I can hear Daniel playing with some containers in the kitchen. He LOVES having the one cabinet to pull things out of and play with, but since him being sick I have been washing everything he plays with, which has been a LOT of containers. Sooo, basically I'm thinking about maybe putting the actual things we use in a different cabinet, and then maybe just setting aside certain things he can play with in his cabinet so I can just stick them back in and not wash them each time! He slammed his fingers in the cabinet door the first time the other night, which was so sad, but I knew it had to happen at some point and I can't watch him every second. :o( Even though he cried for awhile, I think it was almost harder on me. Goodness, having this boy is going to take some getting used to! I know I can't be the overly protective mother because that would be bad, so I'm learning as I go and hopefully it'll all work out!
Our week has been really good! We haven't done all that much since Monday, but it's been relaxing, that's for sure. :o) Scott, Daniel, and I just hung out at the house Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, which was fun after our crazy, busy week last week! Daniel rested a lot the first few days of the week, but now he is feeling SO much better! It is so nice to have our happy little guy back! :o) This next week Scott will be in Houston (I think I already said this in a previous post), so Daniel and I are looking forward to spending the week with Pappy and Maw-Maw (my parents) in Delta! I am praying that Daniel surprises me and sleeps and naps amazingly all week in his pack-n-play, which would be awesome and help things be not as stressful without Scott around! :o) Hopefully he'll be feeling well all week so he can have fun with my parents and show them how much he has grown! He will LOVE exploring their house... that's for sure!
Goodness! I totally go all over the place while I'm writing... sorry. :o( I was talking about our week and then just switched to next week without even finishing! Oops! Anyway, yesterday I babysat my friend, Kacey's, little boy, Connor, all morning, which was fun as normal. It really is amazing how easy it is to take care of two babies about that age when they can entertain each other. It's definitely gotten easier than when they were younger. :o) We'll see if I still think the same once Connor begins crawling... That will be interesting to see how I can keep track of two boys crawling everywhere! Scott was able to get off work early after going to Parachute earlier that morning, so that was awesome! It allowed us to go to the store and pick up rolls and salad to take over to Hannah and Phil's house for dinner with them and Sarah! We had an amazing dinner that Hannah made of chicken pot pie and a pear upside down cake for dessert! Delicious! :o) Then we played Battle of the Sexes, which was fun, although I am SO bad at that game! I don't think I knew more than like two or three answers the whole game! :o( Daniel got really fussy near the end, too, so I tried to keep him happy until we left so he could go home and sleep!
Today Scott headed into town by 5 to take his brother to the airport, so he got to work super early, so I'm hoping he can get off work by 2 or 3, which would be sweet! I really want to do something tonight with him and Daniel, so maybe I can convince Scott to go on a drive over the Monument or something! It's been awhile since we've done that, and it would be SO much fun! :o) I love that Daniel loves being in the car... that makes date times in the car very possible because Scott and I can talk and talk while Daniel plays or sleeps!
Well, there was a little catch up on our life... :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment