So I'm getting SO excited because I have my ultrasound appointment in just one hour and we finally get to actually know how far along I am! My midwife was thinking between 4 and 6 weeks last appointment, which was 3 weeks ago, so hopefully she was right and I am between 7 and 10 weeks now! :o) I'm just excited to actually have some kind of due date and be able to start getting weekly emails letting me know what's going on with my little baby! Also, I'm excited to see baby on the ultrasound, even though I know I won't be able to see too much this far along. When pregnant with Daniel I didn't even have an ultrasound until around 20 weeks, so it'll be much different, that's for sure! I'm hoping that we'll be able to hear the heartbeat, though, which they said we have a little change to hear. Anyway, I just had to share how excited I am! I'll definitely write later telling y'all any details! For now I just have to wait on little Daniel to wake up (or go to sleep first and THEN wake up) so we can drive up and meet Scott at the place. Daniel slept such a LONG time this morning after waking up at 6 for a feeding! He slept until 9 which totally messed up much of a chance for a good nap BEFORE the appointment. I keep thinking he's asleep, but no, he just let out a sleepy little noise, so that must mean he is just on the verge of sleeping. I peeked in on him awhile ago because I was going to get him up if he was up and playing in his crib, but he was just lying on his side, playing with his giraffe. :o) So cute!
So I had a dream last night that the baby was going to be a girl, but I'm not taking any stake on that because I think I was just excited to decorate another baby's room. :o) I was decorating away and getting very excited about everything! I think we have decided that if it's a girl we'll decorate our now office/scrapbook room and give her that room, finding another place for all of those things, but if it's a boy I think we'll just have him share a room with Daniel. That would be nice since we'd be able to keep our other room the same, and I'd definitely still change things around and decorate a bit differently in Daniel's room, but it would also be very exciting to get to do some girl things! :o) Lol. I don't know... I definitely have mixed feelings about it all. I sort of want baby to be a boy because then Daniel would have a brother very close in age to play with and get into trouble with (oh boy!), so I don't know! I guess we'll see what happens! ;o)
SO excited that it is the beginning of the weekend today!!!! I just love Saturdays having Scott at home with us all day! Not sure what we're doing, other than odds and ends around the house. For one, Scott has GOT to get the cabinet latches on in the kitchen because Daniel is LOVING opening and shutting all the cabinets lately. He hasn't quite gotten the point of opening them ALL the way to be able to see and get things out of the cabinet, but I know it'll be soon enough! I have one double cabinet that we'll leave the way it is because he can get in there and play to his heart's content with all the tupperware, strainers, etc. :o) Oh, he DID find the drawer with paper goods the other day! I heard something different and headed into the kitchen to find him sitting down with the drawer all the way open, a bag of plastic cups in his hand as he banged it again and again on the floor! Boy, did he ever LOVE that! :o) I went through everything and threw away all the plastic bags JUST in case he figured out how to open them up, and then he spent awhile playing with all the goodies in there. :o) Hopefully none of our guests will mind some drooled on cups, plates, or silverware too much. Lol.
Anyway, I also need to go shopping tomorrow for more produce to cook, puree, and freeze for Daniel. Goodness he has been eating up a STORM lately! He eats so much that even though I just fixed up a bunch of stuff a few weeks ago, he only has a few sweet potatoes, pears, and apples left, and then quite a lot of carrots, which have lasted FOREVER! ;o) So, I made a list and he will have QUITE the feast pretty soon once I get all these yummy foods made! :o)
We get to go see my sister, Lelia, at Starbucks today after the ultrasound. I'm excited to get to go in and get a coffee and see her again! She has been working there for a month or two, I think, and she is loving it! :o) I'm so glad. I had gone in awhile back to see her, but have yet to bring Daniel in. I guess she wants to show him off to everyone there, so I'll have to make sure he looks his best for the others. ;o) Lol. Nothing like showing off my little boy to people. Especially when he's wearing his "Little Stinker" shirt with the skunk on it. ;o) I love that shirt! Haha!
Okay, so I'm totally rambling now, so I should probably go. Little boy is asleep... now we'll just see if he'll wake up before 11 or I might have to wake him which is NEVER fun! :o(
No comments:
Post a Comment