Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Loving my weekend!

Goodness, this week has been amazing! I have definitely been able to tell how much the weather affects my overall mood, which I know isn't always the best, but this week it's been great! :o) I have had so much more energy, and have made it a point to go out on a walk every day the past three or four days since it has been AMAZING outside!!! I am determined to continue going out and enjoying this weather, too, because it has been a beautiful 65 ish degrees every day and such blue skies! :o) Daniel has LOVED the walks, also, and also enjoyed going to the park the other day with my mom to walk around and swing for his very first time in one of the 'toddler' swings! :o) He LOVED the swing!!! Even though he was holding on for dear life after he figured out where to hang on, he didn't want me to take him from it... he just wanted to swing and swing while watching all the other little kids enjoying their first day of spring break!

I've also been excited because yesterday I finally felt as though I had 'popped', which I know I've already mentioned me wanting this to happen quite a lot on here recently. Lol. :o) I actually almost took out my maternity pants, but I think I'm still good awhile longer with the ones I have, but I'm just excited to actually be looking more prego. Lol. One of my friends who is 2 weeks further along than I am just started feeling her baby move last night, so I got SO excited because that means it can't be too far along before I might feel those first flutters, too! :o) That is the most amazing thing ever, so I'm SOOO excited about it! I was thinking it was still awhile away, but then I realized I am almost 4 months along and after checking in my pregnancy journal from Daniel's pregnancy (which I kept up somewhat... at least to help me remember some of the things I experienced), I remembered that I was around 4 1/2 months along when I first felt Daniel and I think I had probably felt him before that but didn't know exactly what it was supposed to feel like. ANYWAY, I'm super excited and think I'll have to start doing the lie down for a little while after eating something sugary like fruit or fruit juice to see if I can feel anything! :o) Yay!

I've also been getting SUPER excited about finding out if this little one's a boy or a girl! I've been a little nervous because I still know it is possible that they won't be able to tell at the ultrasound next month because of however the baby is positioned (which I'm telling myself if that happens, we just won't find out because I don't really want to have another ultrasound JUST to find out)... or I still have heard of those stories even recently where the doctors said it was one sex or the other and it turned out to be the opposite. That would be CRAZY! Especially knowing that I want to have everything ready for the baby and I would feel so bad if we got boy things out and it was a girl or vice versa. Oh well... I guess we'll just hope that it's totally clear! ;o) Lol. So far most people have been saying they think this one's a boy again... something about that running in our families. (I came from all girls, Scott from all boys, his mom from all girls, my dad from all boys... ya know.) But, even if this one is a boy, and maybe the next one too, I've decided we will just have to have to have four kids so we can break that three kids of the same sex cycle. Lol. :o) Personally, I haven't totally decided on which I'd rather like to have! I know that having a boy would be SO nice for Daniel because they would be so close in age and that would be so nice growing up doing the same things together! But, it would also be nice to have a girl because I want a daughter SO much and I would love to get lots of girly things and I really want to decorate another room... :o) But, either way, I'll be happy with a healthy, happy baby no matter if it's a girl or a boy inside of me! :o)

So we bought a bedroom set a few weeks ago from Ashley Furniture, which is closing down. We just got the call yesterday that it is in, so we're going to go pick up some of the pieces today after church! I'm SOOO excited to get it in and everything all situated in our room! :o) I'll be sure to take pictures of it and attach it to this blog so everyone can see it! I hope it looks good with all the pictures and everything in our room. It's always one thing seeing it in the store and then seeing it in your actual room with your things! And I'm not exactly the type to buy the bedroom set and then go out and buy decorations to match. Lol. We are sticking with what pictures and things we have! :o)

Monday my mom is coming over to work on making a lot of birthday invitations for Daniel's first birthday! I'm really excited because I made up a practice one and it is such a cute card stamped with a safari stamp set that I have... We decided to do a safari party, and I'm getting super excited about it! :o) I'm praying that it will be a wonderful day out so that even though we are having it here, we can all hang outside for most of it and then just come in if we need to. I kept hoping that maybe he'll be walking by then but for some reason I'm not thinking he'll be that fast of a walker, but that's okay. :o) He should have lots of fun with all his little friends... :o) It's weird planning a first birthday party, though, because it's not like you can do games and stuff because being that age, he won't understand what's going on. So, I guess we'll just eat snacks and cake and watch him open presents. :o) Oh, and play, because all kids like that! :o)

So I really need to get caught up on Daniel's scrapbook... I was doing so well on it for awhile but now I am so far behind! :o( Lesson learned from doing his album was that although I took SO many pictures of him growing up, I need to be very careful with how many I actually print off to scrapbook! I have already finished an entire album and part of another and although I did do part of the pregnancy and the baby showers, too, I am only to almost his 3rd month! Goodness gracious! My goal is to have his pictures all caught up by the time baby #2 arrives, so that I can work on his or her album, too, and then just do a few pages per month for both of them, probably. I just need to motivate myself to scrapbook!

Sorry... I'm really all over the place today. Lol. I keep thinking of random things that I could write about, so I'll just mention a few more things and then I should probably go. We have to leave for church in thirty minutes, and Daniel is sleeping soundly at the moment.

I have decided that I REALLY want to do a garden this year... Even if it's not a really big one, I'd love to plant some various veggies because with Daniel eating so many and I've been trying to cook with veggies a lot more than before, it would be SO nice to have fresh ones! The problem is I haven't even helped with a garden in a LONG time and I'm sort of known for not keeping plants alive, so we'll see what happens. I need to start looking into some different books / websites / people's ideas / resources to figure out what I want to plant and when I need to start everything. I really want to do the raised beds, sort of like the square foot gardening type, because that's what my parents have done and it's so nice not having as many of the weeds and all like a normal garden and we don't have to get the soil we have now ready to plant in... instead we just buy soil to fill the raised beds. So that is the plan for now. Now I just need to get a move on and decide what I want to do! :o) Fun, fun!

Well, I should probably go now. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week, also!

No comments:

Post a Comment