Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quick update! :o)

I really needed to get on here and write Daniel's 10 month letter, so now that I've done that, I wanted to update a little on what's been going on in the Slade family! :o) We have been busy, busy the past few weeks, but it is finally slowing down some so that's been nice. Last week Scott was in Houston all week for a conference or training or something, which was good for him. Daniel and I went to Delta to spend the week with my parents and we had a great time! Since we don't get the chance to spend much time with them at all (usually just for birthdays celebrated with family and the occasional short time if they pop by for a little while while in town), it's a great chance for Daniel to hang out with them and for them to be able to see how much he can do now! :o) Even though the first few days are always hard for him to get adjusted to napping in the pack-n-play, by the last few days he was doing great and the good thing is he seems to always sleep well at night, so he never woke up once and slept at least 11 or 12 hours each night! We didn't do too much other than play with Daniel, watch him so he wouldn't get into things he shouldn't (he LOVED the new house to explore all over), eat and eat and eat (such good food, Mom - I think she was trying to get Daniel and I to gain weight... lol), and running various errands in Delta and Montrose. Daniel and I came back home Friday in time to rest that afternoon and wait to pick up Scott from the airport that evening! Daniel and I were both SUPER excited to see him, and we enjoyed the weekend just hanging out with our favorite guy! :o)

Sunday was my 25th birthday! I can't believe I'm so old already, but when I look at everything I've done in life I believe it a bit more... It's definitely been a full seven years since starting college! Scott made french toast for breakfast which was delicious, and took me to Chipotle for lunch after church. We rested and cleaned up a bit that afternoon and then my whole family except for Vienna :o( all came over for my birthday dinner! We had chicken kabobs, rice, rolls, salad, and fruit salad, which homemade vanilla ice cream and strawberry cake for dessert! It was all amazing! I got money and a Nook for my birthday!!! Scott got me the Nook and I've been loving it so far! :o) I need to figure out more of where I can get books, though! Also I guess you can download books from the library for like a loan, so I should check that out too... :o) I wasn't sure how well I would like it but it's been great! Especially since I don't have the time to usually go out and get books to read at bookstores or the library having Daniel, so this makes it SO much easier! :o)

This week has been busy with a check-up dr. appointment for Daniel (no more ear infections - YAY!), small group, Mom's group, shopping, and Scott's brother's birthday dinner! :o) Yesterday we just hung out at home all day, which was greatly needed by me and I think Daniel enjoyed it too. I was even able to make dinner, which was nice because I had the time to! We had mac n' cheese, lemon/orange marinated chicken, steamed brocolli, and fruit salad... delicious! :o) Anyway, today I have my next midwife appointment, so I'm excited to hear baby's heartbeat and see how things are going! It's been so weird lately because although I have felt good overall the entire pregnancy, other than my 'morning' sickness and my much stronger sense of smell, I hate going through this stage because I don't look or feel that prego, so I like the reassurance that everything is going well. I can't wait to 'pop' which I know I keep saying over and over, but it's true!!! :o) Plus, I got lots of money for my birthday from my family for summer maternity clothes and I'm SOOO excited to go shopping, but that must wait until I get a bit bigger. :o) Lol.

Okay, I should probably go get ready for the day, considering it's almost nine! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment