Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Odds and Ends

My little boy is 11 months old! Isn't that crazy?! As his first year birthday gets closer and closer I'm realizing that my little boy is growing up way too fast, but we have thoroughly enjoyed this past year! I really don't know what we would do without our little buddy! Mom, Lelia, and I got all of the invitations made for Daniel's party, and they are super cute! I really need to go take pictures of one of them and of our new bedroom furniture and other stuff to put up on the blog... I'll try to do that soon! Anyway, we are now trying to figure out a game or something to keep the older kids busy during the party and are finalizing the list of snacks and decorations to have. I'm excited for the party - hopefully Daniel will be happy, although I'm sure he will because he loves being the center of attention. Lol. ;o)





Speaking of little guy... He has been standing everywhere lately! He is also 'cruising' finally (walking alongside something while holding on)... It makes me wonder when he'll take those first steps by himself, but I don't know! Could be a month or it could be four! Right now I'm just getting used to having to put things up even higher so he doesn't get into it! He is definitely a curious little guy. Scott and I cleaned the house on Saturday and ended up putting many of his toys in the closet since I was getting extremely tired of toys ALL over the house! That way we can also switch them out from time to time and he'll have "new" toys to play with! We have to keep his books out all the time, though, because that boy LOVES books! I'm very happy with that, but I have also memorized at least ten of his books because we read them at least three or four times every day! ;o) He loves sitting in our laps as we read to him or if we are busy he will just sit down and look at one book and then another until he goes over to his toys.

He has been eating up a storm, too! It's amazing how in just a few short months he can go from eating the amount of food of about one jar of baby food to now eating about three different 'courses' of a meal. For example, the other night he ate cut up cheese and turkey and some fruit before our small group and then at small group he ate half of a frozen burrito from Vitamin Cottage (those beans hit him HARD the next day, though - lol) and a jar of apples. AND an 8 oz. bottle of milk and half a bottle of water! That boy can EAT! He is also getting into his picky stage of eating, though... He doesn't really have too many foods that he will NEVER eat, but although he eats one thing at one meal or one day, he will act like he hates that food the next day! I don't understand it completely, but I've definitely had to learn lots of patience lately as I go back to the fridge and figure out something else he can eat. He would definitely eat fruit all day every day if we allowed him too, but he does pretty good with veggies as long as we mix them and puree them with something else - such as sweet potatoes. But, he eats almost any fruit... I bought lots of strawberries, pears, apples, and bananas the other day so he has a little bit for breakfast every day and just LOVES feeding himself the little pieces!

On Friday my friend, Kacey, and I are taking her little boy and Daniel to the swimming pool in town so they can hang out in the water for awhile. Daniel will have SO much fun! I'm excited to take him! :o) I'm really hoping he'll like the pools especially as we get closer to Hawaii time. I know when he was younger last year he HATED if the water was cool at all, so hopefully he'll realize it won't all be like bath water. :o)

Speaking of his standing up all over the place! He just now stood up next to me and is currently throwing most of the stuff on our side table onto the floor. Goodness gracious! Looks like Mommy is going to have to clean off a lot of the things we usually keep on the end tables! He has finally figured out how to get to it all! :o) And, he is 'talking' up a storm telling me all about each thing he throws on the floor. Lol. ;o)

So, as for baby #2, it has been doing good too! I have my next appointment next week with my midwife which I'm super excited about already! It has been exciting though seeing my belly get bigger and bigger, though. I finally look and feel more prego! :o)



I still haven't felt baby move, but I'm definitely paying more attention and hopefully it'll be soon! I'm getting so excited to start making a quilt and other things for baby when we find out if it's a boy or a girl... one more month! So far all of my friends who are prego and have found out what they are having are all having girls so I should start figuring out what I want to make or get each of them... that'll keep me busy, too, and allow me to have fun with the girly stuff! :o) After last year's baby boy wave amongst almost all of my friends, I'm ready to be able to look at getting girl stuff again! :o) I have been thinking a lot about how Daniel will be with a new little one in the house in just five and a half months... I really think he will LOVE having another one here especially to entertain, but I'm also hoping and praying that his independence will grow more than it is now because he is still very much a Mommy's boy, and I so hope he doesn't think I'm just abandoning him when the new baby needs me, too. :o( I'll definitely have to spend a lot of time with him, too, so he doesn't feel left out!

So, we got our new bedroom set and I LOVE it! As I said above, I'll take some pictures of it as soon as Daniel goes down for his nap and put some on here. Our room is definitely NOT clean, but just disregard that part and look at the beautiful furniture! :o) I feel all grown up having a dresser with a mirror, especially. Lol. :o)




We haven't built our garden, yet, but we figured out what we are going to do for it and hopefully this weekend we can get it all put together so I can possibly plant things next week! We also just bought the Square Foot Gardening book, which is where I'm getting most of my advice because I have done it that way before and love it! :o) So, I need to read through that in the next few days and figure out what I'm going to plant and when, and where I'll put each plant in the garden! So exciting! ;o)

Okay, I should probably go for now. I'll wait to send this until I get some pictures on here. :o)

2 comments:

  1. Your bedroom set is really pretty! I can't wait to see it in person next time we come over :-) I hope Daniel has fun swimming! You will have to take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed seeing your pictures! Glad you got your Square Foot Garden book. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete