Dear Lydia,
Hi little girl! :o) I have been thinking of you a lot lately, as I have for over 20 weeks now, ever since your Daddy and I found out that we were expecting another little one! You are 28 weeks along right now, and it's so hard to believe that in just over 10 weeks you will be joining our little family! We are SO excited to see you face to face and see what you look like, how big you are, and to begin a new chapter of our life with two kids instead of just one! We have tried explaining to your brother, Daniel, that you are in my tummy and you'll be coming out soon, but I think he is a little young and has yet to understand much... :o) I'm sure he'll learn really soon, though, once he meets you! He does love to hit my big tummy, though, which always wakes you up and makes you kick like crazy. Lol. He just wants you to know he is here waiting, I think!
Mommy and Daddy have been busy thinking about what to do in your room to get ready for you! I think we will go with some type of nature theme, so we'll have to find lots of cool things with butterflies, flowers, and maybe watering pots and stuff to decorate with! Daddy is also trying to think of something special to make you like he made Daniel's bookshelf. Mommy is planning on sewing you a little quilt, which will be quite the accomplishment if it gets done because I've never done anything like that before! :o) Otherwise, I've just been working on crocheting a blanket for you, which Daniel really wants but I told him it's for his baby sister...
You have been such a good baby so far! You love kicking, but haven't hurt me at all with any big kicks, which is nice. :o) You definitely are up more in the middle of night than your brother was, though, which will hopefully not be the case once you get out! I'm able to sleep through most of it, I think, but almost every time I wake up at night you are there kicking away. I LOVE feeling you move!
We are so excited that you are a little girl, although if you turn out to be a little boy by any chance, that will be great, also! :o) That's because we love you no matter what! If you are a girl, though, your name will be Lydia Grace Slade, so we've been calling you that for awhile already. Your cousin, Vienna, is already calling you that, also, but she gets the name mixed up a lot so she has called you many other versions of "Lydia", too. Lol. She is VERY excited to meet you! She loves her little cousins!
Daddy, Mommy, and big brother Daniel love you SO much!!! Keep on growing and we'll see you soon!!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment