So we have known this for awhile, but our Daniel LOVES music and loves to dance to almost any beat he hears! Right now he is sitting on his fire truck and pushing the buttons that make alarm and music noises and then he dances to it, bobbing his head back and forth and swaying his body as he sits on the truck. :o) He is so funny because even if he hears a little bit of music or a beat on a commercial, he will dance to that! Last night we were hanging out with our friends, David and Jessica, and because our little guy was really happy the entire time over at their place, we were able to eat a delicious dinner, hang out and talk, and then watch The Princess and the Frog. If you've watched that movie, you know that it has quite a lot of songs and singing in it, which Daniel LOVED! He stood up for awhile eating bits of popcorn (loved that) while he watched the movie, full on dancing whenever music was playing! We were all dying laughing watching him move his hips, shoulders, and head, and lifting his hands in the air as he danced it out. I so wish we had a video camera on us because it was super cute! I'm not sure where he gets all of his dance moves other than the one he does sitting down, which is just the small shoulder moves left and right as he bobs his head (that's from mommy - lol). Maybe he'll be our little musical boy!
Our week has been really good, although it did seem extra long after getting back from Denver. I can't even remember everything we did right now... let's see. Monday we had small group that evening, which was great to see everyone again! We talked about what we wanted to study over the summer and decided to read through the book of Ecclesiastes, listening / watching occasional podcasts, DVDs, and talks that speakers have done on it. I'm excited because I've never studied anything on this book before, so it should be interesting! I'm also excited because our friends, Laura and Brandon (who are in town for the summer), are going to be joining us, so that will be extra fun!
Tuesday night I had my girls' Bible study over at our place because the regular host was out of town for the week. That went well - we had lots of good conversation on the book "Crazy Love" that we have been going over.
Daniel and I have been having fun during the days, too, which has been fun. He has been in a very big 'cooking' mood lately so I got down some bowls, spoons, plates, spatulas, and containers for him to play with and he has kept very busy cooking, serving food to me, and greatly enjoying the entire process! I just ordered a few books on Toddler Activities online which came in a few days ago, so I've been having fun reading through those and am working on adding to my craft supply and working on a schedule to keep Daniel busy with new activities and things each day. Makes me feel like a teacher again! He is still taking two naps a day, so it's a little hard finding enough time to do much, but even a few minutes a day doing something new and fun would be great! :o) (Oh, that also reminds me... my little boy is now 14 months old - I need to write a new 'letter' on here, updating everyone on his new achievements! How the months have flown by! Crazy!
Wednesday I had a chiropractor appointment at noon because my hips, legs, and lower back have been killing me ever since Hawaii, and was worse after all the walking and stuff in Denver. :o( While I was there, Daniel hung out with his Aunt Amanda and cousin, Vienna, which he LOVED! We are excited about getting together with them again sometime soon... maybe on Wednesday we can go swimming at Lincoln Pool with them since it's free day for kids! Anyway, that evening was softball for Scott, so we went to the game with him (they WON!!! YAY!) and then hung out with David and Jessica a little bit after the game at our place.
Thursday I just got ready for all my family to come over that evening for Father's Day, so that kept me busy enough. Scott grilled out burgers and bratz and between everything everyone brought to eat, we had quite the feast! We also enjoyed celebrating with all the fathers (Scott, Dad, and soon-to-be dad, Wayne!). Yep, Wayne and Lelia are pregnant and are SUPER excited!!! I'm really excited to be pregnant at least a little while with Lelia, also... it's been fun talking about everything with her, too.
Friday, Daniel and I went in to visit Lelia at Starbucks for lunch and otherwise didn't do too much all day until Scott got home and we dropped Daniel off with his grandparents while Scott and I went to Movie Under the Stars to watch "How to Train Your Dragon". We had a lot of fun eating, playing Phase 10, talking, and watching the movie, although we did leave a intermission so that we wouldn't be out too late for his mom, who was over at our house staying with our sleeping son. :o) It was so much fun and a wonderful evening out!
Saturday the big news of the day was that we bought a pop-up camper! We have been looking at them all summer pretty much and had been looking at older ones, until we talked more to my parents and thought more about it and realized maybe it would be better to spend a bit more and get a new(er) camper so that hopefully it'll last years for our family! We got one that is fairly simple overall (it was the cheapest one they had), but it has good space inside and will easily fit four adults and six total with kids! We should be able to go pick it up tomorrow and have a time where they tell us all about it and how to work everything, so we are super excited about that! Our plan is to go camping up above Paonia this weekend Friday through Sunday, so we are excited to try it out and see how Daniel likes it, especially. :o) I'll post pictures once we get it so everyone can see it!
Other than pop-up camper shopping which took much of the day, we also began clearing out Lydia's room, which was fun! We got the desk and filing cabinets moved into our room (we'll be getting rid of our entertainment center and TV in there so we'll have enough room) and moved all my scrapbook stuff into the dining room. So far everything is going well, but we still have the closet to clear out and some other things. We were going to put together her crib which we had bought at a yard sale awhile back, but realized it is a drop-side crib which we did NOT want. :o( Soooo, Scott spent awhile looking at the crib online and realized it had not been recalled for anything but there is a part that you can get for free from the place to convert it from a drop-side to a stationery side, so we ordered off for that. Hopefully it won't take too long to get in and then we can see if that'll work or if we need to buy a different one. I'm sort of bummed about that because I've been REALLY wanting to get the crib set up and start decorating so it looks like her room! Oh, well... I will be patient!
Yesterday we went to church which was great and had a relaxing afternoon here before going to David and Jessica's for dinner with them. I talked about that up at the beginning of this post, so I guess that's all the catch up I need to do! I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Daniel just went down for his nap so I should start getting ready for the day finally (since it's after 10 already) and then maybe I can organize my scrapbook stuff because I REALLY want to scrapbook!
No comments:
Post a Comment