Goodness! Sometimes I can barely believe that our little girl is already 31 weeks along! It's hard to believe that we only have 9 or 10 more weeks to go, even though I know that usually those last weeks take the longest from our previous experience with Daniel. :o) In some ways I'm freaking out though because I know that we still have SO much to do! I think Scott is going to try to 'fix' our crib that we had bought at a yard sale awhile back, because we found out that it is a drop-side. :o( They had said it wasn't but the lady we talked to had actually gotten it from her sister... and I didn't know what to look for to see what it was. It wasn't one that had been recalled, but I would still feel much better if it would not budge for us! So, since we'll probably just throw it away instead of resale or give to anyone anyway, we figured Scott could always try to screw / bolt it together so that it wouldn't budge and we could see if that works. It's such a nice crib, so I hope it works! Anyway, that's the first step to accomplish so we can get that put up in her room! Otherwise, the beginning of August we'll be giving my parents the couch that is in her room now since I have decided that it would just not fit with everything else very well... :o( Then we can move everything into their places and get the changing table out of Daniel's room and switch it with a dresser that we now have in Lydia's room. Then I can decorate the walls, hopefully soon put up the quilt I am making (YAY!), and add the other things people have been making for her room! Oh! And repaint a bookshelf that my dad had made me when I was a little girl... it is blue right now so that just won't really go with her decorations so we'll probably be painting it a cream color or something different. I really want Scott to build something for her, too, since he had built Daniel's bookshelf for him, so I have been looking up things online built out of wood and think I have found something cool for him to build! :o) I just need to show it to him now!
Other than that, I still need to buy hangars and start hanging up all her clothes we have gotten so far from yard sales, friends, and thrift stores. I'm getting really excited for my baby shower, which will be in just 4 1/2 weeks! That'll be fun to get all the final touches and fun things then! I'm also working as hard as I can on her crocheted blanket, which I am over half-way through. I should take a picture of the progress so far, although just to warn everyone, it is a VERY simple one! :o) Not too exciting, but it'll look better once I do a border of a different color on it, too! I just washed and ironed the material for her quilt today, and I'm looking very forward to getting together with some friends tomorrow to work on cutting out all the material and maybe even start sewing it together! My goal is to get all of the sewing together done by the end of next week and then I'll have three or four weeks to work on quilting!!! :o) I'll try to take pictures at the various stages so everyone can see those, too! I love the material. It'll make her room so bright and cheerful!
I experienced what I think was my first pregnancy vertigo today, which wasn't much fun! :o( I never got dizzy or lightheaded like at all with Daniel, so when I started getting that way this morning I wasn't so sure what it was from! I talked to my midwife, though, after it had lasted an hour and she said to drink lots of fluids and keep my feet up, so I did. My awesome mother-in-law came and watched Daniel for me for a few hours so I could take a nap and after I woke up I have been feeling great so far! Hopefully I won't get it again! The hardest thing is taking care of Daniel while feeling so dizzy! I felt like I was going to fall over just carrying him around! ;o(
Soooo, for other news!!!!
We went on our very first 'real' camping trip (not in a cabin) as a family this last weekend! (The first time was when Daniel was 5 weeks old, but we stayed in a cabin so I don't really call that too roughing it.) We took our new pop-up camper and it was SO much fun! We stayed up at a place 30 min. past Paonia up in the mountains called Erikson Springs and were very thankful that they had spots open considering you can't reserve anything and it was 4th of July weekend! But, we got a perfect spot and enjoyed setting up the camper and then making dinner Friday night up in the beautiful mountains! Daniel loved sitting on the benches and beds inside the camper while I set up all the kitchen stuff and made the camper more like 'home' inside while Scott grilled out BBQ chicken and made mac n' cheese! We also had lettuce from our garden which was fun and delicious and enjoyed eating outside under all the trees! Daniel fell asleep very quickly around 8:30 and Scott and I enjoyed a campfire and read our book for awhile outside until we finally went to bed around 10:30. We all slept until 6:30 when a little someone woke us up, and we began our day with some delicious cinnamon rolls from the Amish Bakery in Delta, bacon, and eggs! (Scott is quite the camping cook! He was amazing!)
We hung out and took a walk that morning and then in time for Daniel's nap we headed into Paonia, driving around awhile to give Daniel more naptime and us a chance to see the area. We went to the Cherry Days festival there and walked around the booths for a little while before playing for quite awhile on the playground equipment. Daniel swung for a LONG time on the swings - his very favorite - and after we were ready for something different (we as in Scott and I, definitely not Daniel), we bought a bag of cherries and enjoyed eating those while we sat in the grass and listened to music. Daniel pushed around his stroller for awhile (he loves doing that - it is so much cooler than sitting in the stroller!) and we left shortly before lunch to head to City Market for more ice and some things for dinner (we got stuff for chili) and then went to the Diner in town for lunch. That was delicious, especially the amazing sundae for dessert!
We drove back to the campsite after that and tried to put Daniel down for a nap which did not work out (either it was because he was in a new place and doesn't always nap well in his pack n' play or it might have been because the camper was SUPER hot inside at that point of the afternoon!), so we ended up just playing with him before making chili for dinner and having that. Daniel had a great time picking up rocks, sticks, etc. around the site and bringing them to us one at a time or putting them in a bowl and mixing them up with a spoon. :o)
He ended up going down for bed by 6:30 which was earlier than we really wanted but he was exhausted after not having his nap. All was well after that until Scott and I headed for bed around 9:30 and something must have woken Daniel up because he woke up crying and screaming for awhile until I finally couldn't handle it anymore so I got up and walked him around until he almost fell asleep on me. I put him back in the pack n' play, he fell back asleep, and then once I was falling asleep he woke up again screaming! This happened at least 3 or 4 times and I have no idea what time it was when we finally could not handle it anymore so Scott moved over to the other bed and Daniel slept with me for the rest of the night. Goodness! It was pretty crazy, but I do love cuddling with my little buddy! :o)
Sunday we basically just ate breakfast, packed up, and then while Scott loaded and put down the pop-up, I walked Daniel around and around while he picked up stick after stick and weed wacked all the plants! ;o) He was too cute! We headed out and although our plan was to stop somewhere for a picnic lunch, we ended up driving all the way back to GJ because Daniel took a LONG, much needed nap in the car! We stopped at a park in GJ because I really wanted my picnic (lol), and ate sandwiches and let Daniel swing some more before heading back to Fruita! It was a great weekend, but goodness, it takes awhile to recover from a camping trip! Being 31 weeks pregnant doesn't make that any better, either! ;o)
Okay, I need to go check my laundry and Scott is about home, so I will talk to you all later! Ohhhh, I'll try to put some pictures on later, too! I know it's been awhile. Just don't have time right now.
Can't wait to see your crouched blanket! I haven't been able to start yours yet - I have another project I'm trying to finish first...Lydia may have to wait until after she is born! I do have the yarn for it though!
ReplyDeleteThat's quite okay! :o) Hopefully I will finish mine in time! We will see! Can't wait to see y'all!
ReplyDelete