So I have been so busy making lists, working on stuff, doing laundry, and trying to get Lydia's room put together lately! A week ago yesterday I rolled my right foot and ended up partially fracturing a bone in my foot (SO tired of all these things happening!), so I ended up having to rest for half of this week, which was extremely hard for me although I got a lot of reading accomplished! Lol. My mom came and helped out with Daniel and stuff around the house Tuesday and Wednesday, which was awesome, and by Thursday I was able to walk around carefully without using a crutch! That meant I was good to work on things again, so I finished the top of my quilt and began researching to see how I want to actually 'quilt' it! STILL haven't decided... I want to do something very simple, but also something that looks good, so hopefully I can figure it out soon. I think I will wait until I have a friend here to help me with stuff, though, because I'm just afraid I might mess it up! I also have been looking online for some other easy sewing projects I can do, especially now that I have quite a few scraps to use up from my quilt fabric. :o) I bought some of those reusable cloth diapers at Target the other night and I'm going to make some burp cloths out of those... something very easy and I think I can do it without messing up too much! Other than that, I think I'll make a pillow or two and once Scott builds a small bench that we are putting in her room, I need to make some seat cushions for it. So much fun!
Last night I finished washing all the clothes that we have been given for Lydia or bought from yard sales/thrift stores so far! They are just going in drawers right now, but I'm hoping to either get some hangers for my baby shower or I will buy some so I can start hanging up at least the 0 to 3 month clothes! Yay! :o) They are all SO cute! On our date night Friday, Scott and I registered at Target for baby and we bought her coming home from the hospital outfit... it is super cute! We also bought a boy's coming home outfit, just in case, because if we do have a boy instead of a girl he definitely needed something manly to come home in considering once he gets home he'll be surrounded by girl stuff until we get new things! Lol. :o)
I had my midwife appointment on Friday and everything looks like it's going great, still! My blood pressure had been pretty high two weeks ago, so it was great to see that it was normal once again! I'm hoping the high reading was just because of extra stress since that was the day we left for camping. Anyway, baby's heart beat sounded great and although she is measuring 1 1/2 weeks bigger still, at least it's still just that bigger and not more! My midwife asked me if I wanted to have an ultrasound at 36 weeks to see exactly how big she is, but I really don't think that's a good idea, first of all considering that those measurements are often SO off that far along (since it's hard to measure a baby when he/she is so tightly packed in) and I'm afraid that if they said she is really big, I'll just get more stressed out about it than I need to! So we are just trusting God that she will come at the perfect time and that God has made my body to deliver big babies, and no matter how much she weighs it will all work out perfectly! :o) I would not be opposed to her coming a bit early, but we'll see... I'm telling myself she'll be past the due date like Daniel was just so I don't get too excited too early about it. :o) For my next appointment I'll be having it with one of the other midwives at the office... that will be good to get to know her, too, but I'm really hoping that my midwife will be available when I have Lydia!
We cleaned the house yesterday, which felt AMAZING! (Not really the actual cleaning, but the results did. Lol.) It looks so much better in here! With all the rain we've had, I have been very tired of the extra roly polies and other buggies that had been getting into the house. :o( I hate bugs! So now that all of them have been vacuumed up for the time being until others arrive, that makes me feel much better! We also worked on putting up Daniel's toys and cleaning up his room, so that's also great to enjoy until he messes it all up again! :o) I went through his closet the other day and put all the things we can use for Lydia, too, in a box to take to her room... It was so crazy going through all his old things we don't use anymore... I can't believe my boy is almost 15 months old already! Where does the time go?!?!
Okay, I should probably go for now. We are going to be heading to church soon... I'm so excited to go because it seems like with camping, hurting my foot, and whatever else we've been up to, we haven't gone much this summer at all! I miss it! :o( I'll talk to you all later!
No comments:
Post a Comment