Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Friday, July 22, 2011

Great week!

It's been an awesome week with my boys! :o) The weather has definitely been hot, but I've enjoyed the rain showers we've had from time to time! My little Daniel has been so cuddly and extremely sweet this week, for some reason, and even when we are shopping at a store or something, he will give me random hugs from time to time as he sits in the shopping cart, which is so sweet and fun! Maybe he is realizing how much his mommy LOVES hugs! He is actually 15 months old today, which is so crazy to think of! I love that overall the time seems to be going pretty fast as we get closer and closer to Lydia being here... although I've been getting so nervous about ALL the many things that need to be accomplished before she arrives! Seriously... last night my mind was going crazy as I thought about what we need to do when I go into labor, who to call, what to do with Daniel, and as I try to remember how to count contractions, when we are to go to the hospital, what things I need to make sure are done before I go into labor, what changes will occur once she arrives, and SO many other things! I seriously need to slow my brain down a bit, especially at night, or I'm going to find it very difficult to get much sleep for awhile!

Monday evening, we dropped Daniel off with his Aunt Amanda and Vienna to watch Vienna's gymnastics class, which Scott and I went to the hospital for our pre-registration / tour. That went well, and it was exciting to be the hospital again, remembering when we were there for Daniel's birth and everything that went along with that time! Even though we remember much of the rooms, we did have a quick tour again just to be reminded of everything, which was nice, and it was cool because the nurse actually showed us everything in the room that I had Daniel! :o) Seems like such a long time ago!

We had small group Monday evening after that, which was good overall. For some reason it was a very trying night with Daniel, and Scott ended up having to take him home early since we had two cars there, which was sad. :o( Hopefully that won't happen again! But, I still enjoyed my time overall. I have so loved getting to know everyone in our small group better and better and have really enjoyed our studies through Eccle. lately. God has definitely blessed us big time with such a great group of friends and people to grow alongside with!

Tuesday, Daniel and I met up with several other moms from my Proverbs 31 moms group here in Fruita for lunch and swimming! That was a fun outing and Daniel had a blast swimming and playing with the other kiddos! I have decided that it is about time for me to get him a little life-jacket, though, because he was scaring me to death walking here and there, trying to run, all over the kids' area of the pool! It was quite hard to keep up with him, too, between being almost 8 months prego and having an injured foot that still hurts and is still swollen! :o( But, anyway, it was still enjoyable and made me very excited about this coming Thursday evening which is our next moms-night-out for the group! We are all getting together for a Mexican fiesta and an outdoor movie, which will be tons of fun! I'm just excited to be able to hang out with all the moms with no kids and really be able to talk and see how everyone has been! :o)

Last night we had a family night, which was fun! Scott got home early from work so we were able to hang out some while Daniel napped (SO thankful for how well that boy naps and how long his naps have been!!!), which was nice and very much needed with our busy schedule lately. After Daniel woke up we all went to dinner at Old C's, which was delicious although my heartburn later on that night did not like it so much... We found out that Daniel has a GREAT love for olives, after he got hold of my plate and ate all of my olives that I had picked off of my pizza at a very fast rate! I thought he was going to choke on them or spit them all out, but nope, he ate them all up and was super happy! :o) Lol. After that we went to Farmer's Market, which was our first time so far this summer! I was hoping there was more fruit available now, but it's still not quite the season so I guess we'll go in a few weeks and hopefully by Aug. they'll have more of the peaches and yummy fruits! :o) Anyway, we met up with my sister, Amanda, and had a great time walking along Main St. with her, talking to friends we ran into, and taking a break to drink some yummy frappes at Main St. Bagels! Daniel had a wonderful time - he LOVES to people watch! :o)

Oh, yeah, yesterday Daniel and I also went to Hobby Lobby and I was able to buy batting and some other things I needed to finish Lydia's quilt! I'm SO excited about getting it done! :o) My friend, Laura, will be coming to spend the entire day on Tuesday with me, so I'm hoping that Daniel will take his good naps so I can get quite a lot done to at least pin and start quilting! I also bought some cute baby flannel which I am using to make burp cloths for us and to use for gifts! I made my first one this morning, and I love how fast and easy they are, and it is so cute! :o)

This weekend we are taking our camper down to my parents' in Delta which will be where it'll sit over the winter. We were planning on camping this weekend, but decided against it because of my foot not feeling all better yet, and because of how badly I've been sleeping and how slow I've been moving with the pregnancy as it is. :o( So, we are saying so-long til next summer for camping, which is sad, but I'm already getting excited for many trips next year with my hubby, big brother, and baby sister! :o) Scott and my dad are also going to 'rip' (or cut) some boards for Scott to be able to make a small bench for Lydia's room. I SO want to get that at least built this weekend and then maybe we can work on painting that, the bookshelf, and the quilt rack so maybe by the first week of Aug. we can get everything where it needs to be in her room! :o) Yay!

My hubby just texted and said he is coming home, so I should probably close for now! Sorry for how all over the place this was... Hard to catch up on things when I only write once a week or not even that often. :o( Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Oh, here are some random pics from the last week! The first ones are some of Daniel playing with the laundry basket... he thought that was the coolest thing ever, especially as he tried to grab his toes that were underneath the netting! Then, there is one picture of Daniel helping Daddy push Lydia's crib into her room after Scott made the drop-side unmovable! :o) And, finally, the last two pictures are of the quilt top completely finished - just need the backing and batting - and my 33 1/2 week pregnancy pic! :o)






No comments:

Post a Comment