It has been such a long time since I wrote anything on here which is so sad I know! I want to really catch up with everything we've been up to and I wanted to tell all about our trip to Kansas and Texas last month, but I know that sometimes moms just can't do it all! :o( I have been having a wonderful Christmas season, though, but I can hardly believe it's only a week and two days until Christmas already! AND, only a week until we celebrate with Scott's side of the family! Goodness! How does it seem to come faster each year?! We haven't done too many Christmas activities and fun stuff like I really wanted, but we have been working lots on several Christmas gifts which I will tell about and post pics after Christmas. :o) I had really wanted to do some Christmas activities with Daniel, and now that I'm almost caught up with all my gift making, maybe I can figure out some things to do next week. Thursday night we are joining my sisters and niece, Vienna, to make Christmas cookies, decorate them (which Daniel should love if he doesn't just eat them all), and then go drive and look at lights! AND, tomorrow night the plan is to go downtown and watch Fruita's little Parade of Lights before dinner with Scott's family. It has been an amazing few weeks, though, and each night as I've been staying up late working on stuff and Scott has been working on wood-work projects in the garage, I'm reminded again and again how amazing our life is and how much God has blessed us! :o) I know there are so many of our friends and family who are going through tough times right now, but even through it all I'm reminded how much God loves and cares for us all! I don't know how I could make it through some days without that reminder... Being a mom is so enjoyable but it is also one of the most difficult things I've ever done!
Well, I would stay up later and write more but this morning was the first time in over 6 weeks that Lydia woke me up before the sun came up so I should head to bed just in case she does that again... :o/ Plus we have another busy day tomorrow... our last full day off to work on stuff before all our Christmases next week! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season, also, and I promise I will write more as soon as I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment