I am watching Daniel play with all his new toys and Lydia is down playing on her play mat looking and hitting all her new toys! They are both in new outfits from Christmas and they are so very cute! :o) I love these two little ones SO much! As every day passes faster and faster, though, I am realizing that if we don't enjoy the time we have right now we'll be looking back and wondering what happened!
Our Christmas was amazing! We had a very packed full week, but we had lots of fun at the same time so that was good! Thursday night we went over to my sister, Amanda's, house and met her, my niece Vienna, and my other sister, Lelia, over there to make and decorate Christmas sugar cookies and then drive around looking at Christmas lights - a yearly tradition for our family! Daniel and Vienna had a lot of fun cutting out the cookies using the cookie cutters, which Daniel kept saying over and over - "cookie cutter, cookie cutter, cookie cutter". He didn't fully understand what to do at first until we showed him a few times and then he would take a cutter and make cookies all over the dough, even cutting Vienna's cookies in half! Oops! Poor Vienna is not used to having younger kids around, so we had to assure her that he was not doing that to try to make her mad, and she was a good sport and just made some other ones after we rolled out the dough again! Us adults enjoyed holding Lydia, visiting, helping with the cookie making, and drinking sparkling cider. It was a fun break in the middle of a busy week getting all of our Christmas gifts finished and wrapped! After we tasted and iced many of the cookies we all loaded up in our van and drove around for almost an hour looking at some of the super cool lights around GJ! That was a lot of fun, and the big house with the lights that go with music on the radio was our very favorite like always!
Friday morning Scott's parents and brothers came over around 10 with a delicious breakfast! We started the day out eating biscuits, gravy, an egg casserole, cinnamon rolls, and drinking orange juice around the table! After we finished breakfast and cleaned up some dishes we finally dove into the gifts (I'm thinking that whole eating breakfast thing first might be something to change next year though... I think opening gifts first sounds much better!). Lydia was about to go down for her nap so she (or mainly me) opened most of her gifts before she fell asleep and then the rest of us spent the next hour or so opening up everything! We all got some awesome gifts! Scott got tool stuff, new tool cabinet things, and a "Dad's Workshop" sign for his garage; Daniel got a desk/easel with a little chair, clothes, a book, some car hooks for his bedroom, a thing to measure his height to go in his bedroom, PJs, a super cool track thing for cars to go down, a dump truck to screw together and apart, lots of tools, and a new workbench built by Scott; Lydia got lots of cute clothes, a very cute mobile to go on her crib, books, toys, a bow holder we made her, a little ABC box to store hidden treasures in, and I'm sure a few other things I forgot; and I got a Kohl's gift card for clothes (SO exciting!), a Barnes and Noble gift card for Nook books, a book, the Scotty McCreery CD, and an IHome Dock Station!
We spent the next few hours during Daniel's nap just hanging out and enjoying our gifts and Scott, Bryan, and I played a pretty sweet game of darts with Scott and I taking turns holding Lydia. We had an amazing dinner of homemade Mexican food made by Scott's mom, and cheesecake for dessert! Yumm, yumm! After dinner we just hung out until I left to go to a friend's birthday get-together til 11! It was lots of fun... we had pedi's at the mall which was awesome - I hadn't had a pedi since my wedding! Then we went to Il Bistro downtown and had dessert and hung out talking! Great girl time!
Saturday morning after the kids were up and breakfast was eaten we opened our stockings and the kids opened their Christmas PJs, since it was Christmas Eve morning! Everyone loved their stocking gifts and after we opened them Scott and I packed everything up and got ready to head down to Delta! We got down there by noon and spent the afternoon hanging out and visiting with my family and my Uncle Tommy (Mom's brother) and cousins! All the guys played a fun game of paintball over all the up and down snowy terrain of my parents' land while we girls and Daniel watched from inside the warm house! That night we had chili for dinner and then once the kids were in bed many of us went hot-tubbing which was fun.
Sunday was Christmas and we had a wonderful day! Not everyone in my family had the best day ever, though, because the stomach flu made it's round Christmas Eve and three or four of my family who was down there were up many times that night throwing up and not feeling well at all! :o( We were good, though, other than Daniel who threw up a few times on Christmas. Poor guy. We had cinnamon rolls and egg bake for breakfast and once everyone was ready we opened stockings and then began the long, all-day process of opening gifts. We had so many gifts and since we only open one at a time (which is definitely the way to do it), we didn't end up finishing because of all the breaks for eating and stuff until like 3 in the afternoon! It was a lot of fun, though, and yet again we all got lots of cool things! I can't remember everything right now, but I know Scott got a lot more tools and stuff for his wood-working, a pocket knife, and the game Quelf; Daniel got tons of cute clothes, toys, ABC magnets, a rug for his room that has roads on it to play with his cars, and one of Dad's awesome "Taylor toys"; Lydia got so many cute clothes, also, a snail toy with a mirror that she loves, a butterfly hook for clothes in her room, the ABC magnets also, and other cute stuff; and I got a Cricut machine (YAY!), a Red Mango gift card, the base of the new size of Miche bag (SO excited to get a shell for it for my birthday!), a picture frame for our living room, and another gift card for whatever I want - I need to think about that... :o) So many great things! For our lunch/dinner we had ham, smoked briscit (Scott had made that all day on Friday), potato casserole, corn casserole, and spice cake and dump cake for dessert. It was delicious! We had a wonderful day with family and Monday we just hung out in the morning and headed home right after lunch!
That was our weekend! It was awesome! :o) I will try to write again soon but for now I need to go read to sleepy little boy and then it's his nap-time! :o) Lydia just went down for her nap, too, so maybe I can get some things done! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment