Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy 4 months, Lydia!







Dear Lydia,

Hello to our amazing little girl! You turned four months old yesterday, and I think it hit me when we were hanging out that you are definitely growing up! In some ways I think it's harder seeing you get so big and do so many new things all the time than it was with your brother, because I know that time passes fast enough and I don't want it to go too fast! But, at the same time, it is exciting to see you start enjoying new things and wanting to do things out of the ordinary! :o)

Just a week ago we finally put you in the Bumbo for the first time and you LOVED it! I'm not sure why we hadn't done that before, but I really think you are growing up so fast that I'm not keeping up with it! You still spit up quite a lot with your reflux, so you're not able to be in the bumbo as often as you'd like... Right now you'll just hang out in there until you spit up everywhere which you do NOT like one bit so then you get a really sad face, stick your lower lip out, and cry such sad cries! :o( It's so heartbreaking, but you are also very cute when you cry like that. It's much more of a lady-like cry than Daniel ever had. ;o) Yesterday, I pulled out the boppy pillow and sat you up against it and you had SO much fun just sitting there watching Daniel and I play and looking/playing at one of your books from Christmas! Even though you still enjoy playing on your activity mat and hitting / grabbing all the toys, I think you are slowly deciding you'd much rather sit up and see what's going on easier!

You are also realizing lately when I'm not in the room... You don't always cry about it when I go into another room, but you do enjoy it when I bring you with me and let you sit in your bouncer as I cook or clean... you love being around people to see what is going on! You also give some of the biggest smiles to anyone who comes over to see you! Lydia, you just light up our days so much!

You still have yet to roll over again... Daddy and I have decided we just don't have big rollers for kids... ;o) We are trying to get you to roll over again but you seem plenty content either lying on your back or doing tummy time, although we do need to spend more time with the tummy time... You don't mind it much at all, so that's more Mommy's fault for not letting you do it more often! Then, maybe you'll start rolling more!

You are still an amazing sleeper... we have been SO blessed by that, and it has helped Mommy be a much better Mommy during the day! You're still taking a good three naps a day and usually sleep from like 9 p.m. until 8 a.m. or so. You just got a new mobile for your crib from your grandparents and uncle Bryan, so you love looking at that when you are awake! I've also decided that you are the cutest when you are just waking up! You don't usually cry when you wake, so Mommy just goes in to check on you if I hear a few noises, and when I do I sometimes walk in seeing you looking all around with a half-sleepy expression on your face and your big, wide eyes! So sweet!

We love you so much, little girl! We had a wonderful Christmas with you and even though you took lots of naps during all the gift openings this year, you still were able to "help" open gifts or at least watch as Mommy opened them. You got so many amazing things and lots of cute outfits! It's been so much fun dressing you in all the cute outfits... you are super cute in every one of them! :o)

Oh, and you'll FINALLY be going in to the Dr. for a check-up appt. in a few weeks, but I did weigh you on our scale this morning and you weighed almost 15 pounds! Getting to be such a big girl!

Love you!
Mommy

P.S. Oh, and your hair is getting SO long! Daddy and Mommy made you a bow holder for Christmas and I have been trying to collect lots of cute hair things for you because I'm already able to do many things with your hair because you have so much of it! Such a beautiful little Lydia! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment