Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Afternoons... so nice!

I am sitting here by myself watching Sesame Street! ;o) Lol. Daniel was watching it but decided he wanted to go help his daddy in the garage instead so he is in the garage with Scott and the remote is across the room, so I guess I'll just watch this while I share an update on our life! :o) Lydia is taking a nap which is a very good thing... hoping she'll take a long one because poor girl is exhausted after taking only a short little nap on Daddy this morning at church and that's about it all day! :o( We are having some friends over for dinner tonight. I'm so glad that our house is fairly clean after a busy Saturday organizing and cleaning yesterday!

This week has been really good! We have been feeling great and since things were finally getting back to normal after Christmas and New Years, I decided that I'd finally start back into Daniel's activities this last week! We started with the letter A and after quite a bit of looking around on various blogs and on Pinterest, I found some fun things to do with him three days this week! There were so many GREAT ideas... I finally had to make myself stop looking at ideas because poor Daniel would NEVER get finished with the letter A if I kept going! :o) He colored a lot of pages with the letter A on it and a page of pictures of things that start with an A. He also painted and made an apple out of a paper plate, and colored lots of apples different colors... His favorite activity of the week was definitely an Ant Puzzle that we did matching the front and back parts of various ants together by looking at their color and shapes that were on each part. He did awesome and did it over and over again! He is so funny because the things I think he'd enjoy the most like painting ends up not being his favorite, although he does enjoy that, too. Daniel is definitely a lot like me... he doesn't like getting all that messy most of the time. He got paint on his hands when he was using a cotton ball to paint his paper plate red and freaked out until I cleaned off his hands! (He used only a paint brush after that. Lol.) Anyway, we had lots of fun and I'm excited to do the letter B activities this next week! Oh, and just so you know... he is 20 months so definitely does not totally understand what starts with the letter A and all that, but basically I'm using the alphabet to help me figure out activities to do with him to help with his gross and fine motor skills and at the same time we are working in colors and his ABC's. He will occasionally point to the letter A and say "A", but doesn't always seem to know it. Oh, well. :o) It will definitely be nice once he seems to grasp the letters better!

Friday was such an awesome day! My sister, Amanda, came over so we could work on some things for my sister, Lelia's baby shower! That was a lot of fun and we are getting super excited for her shower in a few weeks! :o) Amanda ended up staying most of the day and after we had lunch and got all of our things done that we needed to, she ended up organizing my entire craft table and that area of our dining room for me! She's pretty much awesome! :o) We had bought totes for Daniel's activity supplies quite awhile ago but I hadn't gotten the chance to organize everything and put it all away, so it's so nice having everything in a place where I can see what we have collected for his activities! And, it's so nice to be able to use my table again for working on projects! RIght now I'm finally working on our 2012 Calendar! I finished the first half of it yesterday and it's so nice to be getting it finished finally... hopefully before January is over! :o) Friday afternoon a friend from church came over and brought us dinner, which was so amazing! She had called earlier in the week asking if she could bring us a meal! I thought I had heard wrong I was so surprised, but she said that she knew what it's like to have kids so close in age and knew that some days are just extra hard, so she wanted to bless us with a meal! It was so sweet of them, and the meal was DELICIOUS! :o) She made a sausage, spinach, and artichoke soup and homemade rolls and a strawberry/feta salad and homemade cookies for dessert! Yumm! After our awesome dinner we finished the wonderful day watching Finding Nemo as a family! It was Daniel's first time to see it and he thought it was awesome!

Yesterday was a great day, too! Scott worked on his truck with his brother, Bryan, most of the day while I vacuumed, cleaned both bathrooms, organized the house, and worked on my calendar. It was SO great getting that much accomplished - I LOVE a clean home! We dropped off the kids with Scott's parents around 4 and Scott and I headed out for our date night! Scott decided it was time for him to teach me how to drive a standard since his new truck is a manual so we spent awhile driving around a parking lot until I didn't kill the truck each time and then I took it out on the open country roads and drove and drove. It was a lot of fun, actually, and it was definitely the easiest vehicle I've ever learned on! :o) I'm still scared to drive it in traffic because that's when I get too nervous and mess up big time instead of focus on what I'm doing, so we'll see... After driving around we went to Red Robin for dinner and then Cold Stones for dessert! Then we went over to Hobby Lobby (one of our favorite places to go walk around together during date nights) and bought some cute hair bows and headbands for Lydia! We ran by Best Buy after that to look at stereos for a few minutes and then headed back to pick up the kids and go home!

Tomorrow Scott and I are starting Weight Watchers officially! I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile, and since they have a free sign-up right now until March we decided now is as good a time as any, so we are signed up and ready to begin keeping track of points tomorrow! We are just doing the online way of keeping track instead of having another thing to go to each week... I'm so glad Scott is doing it with me so that we can help each other out and try to keep each other accountable! He just moved the treadmill out to the garage with some of our friends' help this evening so he'll start working out every morning before work. I have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred for a week and a half now so I'll continue doing that once Daniel goes down for his daily nap, and hopefully with that exercising and eating better, I can loose all of this baby weight + some more! :o)

Well, this has taken me three different times during the day to finish, so I should probably just end it now. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment