Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lydia - 5 months, wonderful weather, odds and ends!

I really wish I was able to find more time more often to sit down and write on here! Things have been going and going and life seems to be passing by so fast... I just want to sit down and enjoy each day that I have all the more! Sometimes it's been hard because although we have gotten into a good schedule and rhythm with having two kids and continuing on with our lives, sometimes I still go through times when I feel like I'm missing out on so much of Lydia's life! I don't know why and I'm trying to not let it get to me, but I really do think it has a lot to do with how content she is so much of the time even when I'm not right there with her! So, this past week especially, now that things have calmed down a bit from Christmas and from getting things ready for my sister, Lelia's, baby shower this past weekend, I have been trying to spend a lot more time with her, playing, working on her sitting up, and she now joins me for whatever I'm doing much of the time - whether that means sitting in her bouncer watching me cook or sitting in her Bumbo watching me scrapbook or whatever! It's been so much fun having her join me and although she is growing up way too fast, I'm already looking forward to having a little girl who can scrapbook and cook and do girly things with me! Oh, we have been so blessed! :o) Sometimes I don't understand why we have been blessed with so much when so many of my other friends have lost so much or have not been able to have kids! It's hard and it's hard for me to understand why God allows that to happen, but then I think more and realize that we have been blessed, and we do have two kids who are under our care and love and that there is so much we need to do to love them and train them and care for them and do all that we can to show them the love of God and how great He is! It's a big job, that's for sure, but I'm so thankful that I have a husband who is willing to be right there beside me all the way! It is so nice to know, also, that not only can I trust God with my life and all of our choices in life, but that I can also trust my husband because he is also trusting God! :o)

I'm in a very rambling mood... sorry. :o) This is what I miss, though... just being able to write and write and get things off my chest from time to time. :o) Scott and I are watching Gladiator right now... such a great movie, although it's so sad at the same time! Goodness!

Our dear little girl is 5 months and 1 day old today! I so often think back onto that night when we drove up to the hospital to have her! She has been such a blessing from the very start and I don't know what we'd do without her! She has been growing so much and has been learning so many new things this past month! About two weeks ago she actually sat up on her own for almost a minute - she was leaning way forward chewing a toy, but she didn't fall all the way over, so I'm totally counting that! :o) She LOVES to sit up as much as possible, so we will try to give her chances to sit up on her own as we watch very carefully because she does still fall over very easily, or she will sit up with her boppy pillow around her, or in her Bumbo which she also loves! I think she might be getting in a tooth, but I haven't seen one poking through yet. She has just been MUCH more into chewing on stuff and has been drooling a bit more. She still has not rolled over again since was it 2 months old?! But she definitely enjoys spinning around and rolls from side to side all the time while playing with her toys!

Lydia is getting super excited about eating in another month! Just in the past three weeks or so she has been so much more interested in food and reaches for anything we eat or drink when we are around her! :o) We need to get Daniel a little booster seat so that we can move him to that and let her start sitting up in his high chair while we eat so she will be all ready! I can't believe it's already time to start making baby food again! I can't say I'm totally excited about that, but I think it'll definitely not be as much researching as it was with Daniel since I just did all this a year ago! :o)

She is also getting so tall and a bit heavier... She is around 15 pounds (probably over because that was her weight like three or four weeks ago). Some of her 3-6 month clothes are getting too small but others still fit great! I think she'll be like her big brother in that she'll be tall and skinny, so it'll be interesting to be able to find the clothes that fit her the best! Her hair is growing and growing, too, and I finally bought some pony tails a few weeks ago so I've been able to fix her hair in one or two ponytails, which is too cute! :o) I LOVE having a little girl to pamper, that's for sure!

She also LOVES to talk and talk and talk!! ;o) This evening as we drove back from some friends where we watched the Super Bowl, she shrieked/talked almost the whole way home... we were trying to figure out why until we got home and Scott saw that she had spit up a little and it was around her neck and poor girl does NOT like spit-up all over herself! :o( Poor girl! She was completely fine and started laughing as Scott cleaned her up! Lydia's smiles are amazing and just make my day, that's for sure! Her little nose and bright blue eyes with her big smiles are so cute! Every day I see more and more expressions that she makes that are just like her big brother's which is so cute and I love seeing how much they resemble each other! :o) Gosh, we love that little girl so much!!

Sooo, on to weather! It is the 5th of February today and it felt like total spring time outside! I can't believe this weather! I keep expecting it to get colder all of a sudden, but it just seems to be getting nicer and nicer instead! It's so crazy! Don't get me wrong... I love this weather, but I really miss having some more snow days first! Poor Daniel has only had one day to play in the snow here... because it has only snowed enough for us to have to shovel the sidewalks twice, and each of those times was just enough to cover the grass and melted off by the afternoon! :o( So sad! I'm hoping that at least the Mesa will get more snow soon so that we can take the kids up to go sledding some weekend in the next month or so! I was thinking we could go on my birthday if Lelia was not having her baby boy (he is due that day...), but now I have jury duty which I'm praying will get canceled! :o)

Well, I should probably close for now! It's about bedtime here... I'm thinking we'll have to finish this movie another night! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment