Dear Lydia,
Today is your 8 month old birthday! I am watching you roll and wiggle around all over the place, and right now you are really wanting to pull yourself up with your bouncer but it's not happening so far! You are growing and growing and have learned so many new things this month! No, you are not flat out crawling yet but you are oh so close! You get up on all fours all the time but just haven't really moved/crawled on them yet, although you get around really well between rolling, wiggling, and whatever else you do!
One of your favorite things to do these days is wave and wave! You have the cutest little wave that started out with you closing your fingers into a fist and then opening them again and then closing them, etc (usually faced towards you instead of to the person you are waving to) but now you just wave your hand up and down which is so super cute! I LOVE your waves oh so much!
You are also clapping now, although I haven't seen you do it all that much... mainly just when we are anywhere singing with a bunch of people, especially when you see others clapping! It's so super cute, though!
ALSO, almost a month ago now you said "mama" and "dada" for the first time which was so cute! You haven't said "mama" too many times but you say "dada" and "baba" a lot! I love hearing you say sounds that actually are sounded more like talking but it means you are growing up so fast!
You love to play with all sorts of toys now, but usually end up playing more with your brother's toys than your own... Although you LOVE balloons and Daniel's construction vehicles. Lol. :o)
You have been eating up a storm lately... Three meals a day and usually around 3 or 4 ice cubes of food plus pureed rice... I have a list of foods in the fridge to puree up for you soon because you (and your brother who LOVES your food, also!) have been eating up everything so fast! Not sure what your favorite food is because you love like everything! You've had mango, avacado, peas, banana, rice, sweet potato, carrots, pears, apples, pumpkin, and so many other things! Yumm yumm!
You love to cuddle! This afternoon I was sitting down on the floor playing with you and you sat in my lap facing me and kept cuddling and cuddling! You still suck on your finger whenever you are tired or hungry, which is so cute and keeps you very content, so between that and your sweet face and smiles, you are adorable! You also love playing peek-a-boo now! When you sit in our laps facing us you will bury your face in our chest and then throw yourself back as if to say "peek-a-boo" and then do it again and again just giving us the biggest smiles each time! Whenever you have a dress on you'll hold up your skirt and play peek-a-boo with whoever will pay attention to you, too. :o)
I love you oh so much sweet girl! You have brought so much joy to our family and I don't know what I'd do without you to brighten my day with your smiles, giggles, and cute little face!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment