Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Great Week with Nanny!

Hi everyone! So I just got another load of laundry in the washer, both kids are napping, Nanny (my awesome grandmother who is staying with us all week) is reading her book, and I am enjoying hearing the wooden chimes (from Hawaii) outside blowing in the breeze above my beautiful potted flowers! I am ready to take a little break and update y'all on our great week!

My parents brought Nanny over on Sunday afternoon to spend the week with us (through tomorrow evening) and it has been a fun week! I love having someone else here to talk with and relax with and help entertain kiddos during the days! Sunday afternoon Nanny and spent all afternoon making 2 lasagnas, 2 pans of brownies, and getting other stuff ready for a couple of dinners I was preparing! I took one meal in to Jon and Lacey (our youth pastor at church and his wife) who just had their first little one (a precious little girl, Evie). I was able to hang out with them for a little while and hold their sweet little girl... I'm so happy for them and am so glad they are part of our small group so I'll be able to see them more that way! :o) I got home just in time for a bunch of our friends to come over for dinner (hence the other lasagna meal)... We had a fun time hanging out eating and then the guys played games outside and us girls just talked about decorating and crafts!

Monday was a pretty lazy day just playing and watching as Lydia got more accustomed to Nanny and eventually allowed her to hold her and even feed her some baby food! It was Nanny's birthday so we were so thankful that she was here to spend it with us! I made a crock-pot meal of Chicken Tortilla Soup for dinner which was DELICIOUS and Nanny made her birthday pie - Key Lime Pie (a Weight Watcher's recipe, which was awesome) so we enjoyed those for dinner and then we drove to the edge of Fruita where we went on a little walk enjoying the beautiful evening! Daniel had so much fun running down the sidewalk, pointing out bugs, leaves, sticks, trees, dogs, and all the other things he saw along the way! He is the cutest little runner I've ever seen! Lol. We walked back through some neighborhoods and enjoyed seeing all the pretty homes and yards! I love looking at houses! :o)

Tuesday (yesterday) we went to the mall and I let the kids play in the inside play area while Nanny got a pedicure. Lydia (BIG NEWS!!!) started crawling on Saturday so she was actually able to crawl around with another little girl who was there and thought the super big bugs were super fun and cute to stare up at! Daniel played with another little boy for awhile, trying to figure out how to leap up on top of the play things like that boy did... After Nanny was done we went to Target to get a few things and then she bought me and her some coffee drinks at Starbucks - which was amazing of course! It was nice to get out and walk around in the air conditioning! We spent awhile outside before Daniel's nap at home watching him play with his basketball and softballs and his T-ball stuff... He LOVES to throw all the balls (basketball, softball, and golf balls) into the hoop and he is doing so well at actually getting quite a lot in! He LOVES to be outside lately, and since it's been nice enough still sitting out in the shade under the covering, we have spent a lot of time out there this week! I've also been watering the grass a lot (trying to keep it nice and green and growing those seeds Scott had planted a few weeks back) and I am also watering my garden which is growing in quite nicely! ANYWAY, off topic... Tuesday evening after Scott got home we headed into town to eat at Noodles & Company which was delicious as always! Definitely one of my most favorite places right now to eat at! I tried one of their Mediterranean dishes... yumm, yumm! After dinner we went to Sherwood Park and let Daniel play with Scott for awhile while Nanny fed Lydia a bottle and I went over to the hospital to see another friend and her new baby! They are also from our small group (Kara and Beau) and just had their second little one... a beautiful baby girl, also! So much fun! Yesterday evening after putting the kids down we popped up our camper and made sure everything was in it for camping this weekend in Lake City! SUPER excited to go camping with all my family and Nanny and some friends! Before bed we played Rummi Cube with Nanny which was a lot of fun. We love that game!

Today we haven't really done much at all.... Laundry, dishes, playing with kids, and now updating this! I think I'm going to go ahead and close for now and maybe get some reading in while I have a chance! Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment