Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Monday, June 16, 2014

Busy Life as a Mother of Three!

Wow! Life has been busy, busy! I can hardly believe that our sweet Joanna is already 8 weeks old and on Friday she will be two months old. Life is flying by so fast. I feel extremely exhausted and I'm pretty sure that I could sleep for an entire day straight, but I'm still very thankful that we have our sweet little one to take care of and a house that we are making into a home... :) It is all totally worth the exhaustion! A few weeks ago I was able to have my first 45 minutes to myself without anything to do, so I went to our favorite coffee shop in Old Towne Arvada near us and had a wonderful time journaling, drinking a Lavender Freeze, and eating a slice of amazing homemade apple pie! It was an amazing time! I wanted to share some of what I had written while journaling, but my journal is in our room which happens to be where Joanna is sleeping right now so I don't even want to chance waking her up! So I will be my random self and share whatever else right now even thought it's almost 10 p.m. and I feel like sleeping! 

I am absolutely loving our new home. I'm in the process of going through paint samples trying to decide what to paint all of the rooms upstairs. Right now there is white paint on all the walls which is okay since it makes everything very bright, but I love more color even if it's just a cream or tan. We leave to go camping on Wednesday in Lake City with my parents and Lelia, Wayne, and niece, Vienna. But when we get back we have a few weeks to focus on painting and decorating our home, finally! I really can hardly believe I haven't put any pictures on the walls, yet! This is coming from the girl who always had pictures up on most of the walls by the first or second week at our last few homes! I am definitely enjoying looking at Pinterest for ideas of paint colors and decorations, and I'm very excited that we actually have lots of walls in this house and so many great areas to put cool decorations or crafts that I can make! 

We just got back from Steamboat Springs a few days ago where we spent three days with Jesse and Rhonda's family at the missionary housing up there. It was SO much fun fishing, playing miniature golf, going to the candy store in town, and spending time visiting! Our kids had a wonderful time fishing. Scott was amazing and held Joanna in her front pack almost each time we fished. While he fished with her I was able to watch the older kids fish. I am amazed again and again by how fast Lydia picks up on things! (The other week while Scott and I cleaned out his garage with Joanna in the front pack again, Daniel and Lydia rode their tricycles around and around Scott's truck in the driveway. At the beginning Lydia was just scooting the tricycle along with her feet and by the end of the morning of riding 2 to 3 hours, she was pedaling crazy fast around the turns and everything!) The first morning we went out to fish, Lydia was trying to cast like Daniel but she definitely couldn't get it to cast out far... By that afternoon after naps, she was casting just as far as Daniel (and further than I could even cast their fishing poles most of the time)! Daniel was fishing with a hook and lure this time but never caught a fish which was sad... :( He was a good sport with it, though, and even though he was disappointed, he was also really excited for the other guys who all ended up catching at least one that week. He was so dedicated, though, and seriously kept fishing for hours at a time even though all the other kids would stop quite often and play around for awhile.

Wednesday we will be headed over to Lake City, CO for our yearly camping trip with my parents! So excited to go to Lake City. Still one of our favorite places to go camping and it feels like home in a lot of ways after going there so many times in the past 5 years since our honeymoon there and all growing up for me. The kids are beyond excited to go camping and I'm excited to take Joanna on her first camping trip! At least we have our pop-up camper because that will help us stay nice and warm and I'm praying that Joanna sleeps really well at night there like she has been lately!

There are so many other things I would love to share, but I seriously need to get to sleep now. Little by little I'll try to share more on here in the midst of life's craziness! 


No comments:

Post a Comment