I wrote this in the car a few days ago...
We are driving to Lake City, CO right now so I figured I had some extra time to be able to write another blog post! We are meeting my parents there and should hopefully be there in three hours at least! So far the kids have been great! Joanna took a wonderful morning nap IN HER BASSINET - that is BIG news!!! :) - for over two hours this morning so that was perfect for Scott and I to get everything loaded up.
Joanna is definitely getting out of her little newborn stage more and more especially with her sleeping lately. Just in the last week or two she has been sleeping better and finally likes her car seat much better than before. (Ever since Memorial Day she absolutely hated her car seat and screamed almost the entire time she was in it until Scott put extra cushion in the form of a folded up receiving blanket under her hips! She just wanted some extra cushion. Lol.) And she is finally taking more naps not on us... Either in her swing (which just broke so we are ordering a new one - Daniel swung in it all the time as a baby and must have worn it out), in the front pack, or sometimes in her bassinet or on our bed!!! Yay! :)
Anyway, I'll share more of Joanna soon since she turns 2 months old on Friday... :)
The other night I went back and read through so many of my blog posts after Daniel was born. So much fun remembering those days and made me want to keep up with blogging mainly for myself to be able to read back on in future years. :)
I'm looking so forward to the next four days in lake city! Mom said it's crazy windy there right now so fishing isn't the greatest and she said there aren't too many people there right now, but I'm still so excited to be back and enjoy the time as a family. I have loved building memories as a family and I love how much Daniel and Lydia enjoy looking back on pictures from Disney world and other trips and watching random videos I've taken... Definitely one of my favorite things to do with our family - travel, family "dates", and building other fun memories!
I'm so excited to be able to go more consistently to small groups from our church in Denver... We have only been able to try one one time so far, but I'm excited to go there a few more times at least and hopefully try another one, too. Praying that God shows us clearly which group he wants us to be a part of and praying that we can build some great friendships with other families at church. Deep, wonderful friendships that go further than just seeing them at church or small group! It would bd so nice to have friends we could hang out with at other times over dinner, play dates, etc. Miss having friends like that so much like we had on grand junction.
Ok I think that's all I'll write for now. Will try to share about our time in lake city maybe on the way back! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment