Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Sunday, June 22, 2014

2 month old Joanna

Dear Joanna,

Hi my dear girl! You are 2 months old and we are headed home from your first ever camping trip! We had a wonderful time with Pappy, Mawmaw, Uncle Wayne, Aunt Lelia, and cousin Vienna in Lake City! You spent a lot of time swinging in the hammock with your daddy - which you loved -, being held around town and at the campground, and you actually took some naps in the camper and once in your bassinet outside! :) You had some rough moments of lots of crying and one long night of waking up quite frequently for you... Mommy has decided you are a lover of our home and you are so ready to be home! But all the other nights you slept really great once you went down and mommy and daddy were actually able to get you down for bed by 9 pm last night to enjoy an evening around the campfire with everyone else! :)

You are growing and growing! I'm really excited for you have your 2 month wellness appt this week to see how much you've grown! You are still smiling up a storm and absolutely love your daddy!!! It amazes me how your face lights up when you see him! :) You are liking car rides a little bit more than you had been but you are still quite a fussy rider! :( I wish I could do more to make you happy in the car, like right now, but you just seem to greatly dislike them... :( So sorry little girl!

You rolled over for the first time this week in Lake City in Pappy and Mawmaw's camper!! Just once from tummy to back but you were quite proud of yourself and then not so happy when I put you on your tummy to try again! ;) I hope we can give you more chances to have tummy time because you definitely seem to be liking it more lately!

You have been sleeping great and fairly consistently sleep from around 9 to 4 or 5 in the morning! My goal in the next few weeks while we are home is to work on putting you down for naps more consistently than we have been because I'm thinking that would make you a much happier baby! :)

You love to be outside! We went fishing yesterday and it was cloudy so Mawmaw was able to hold you for awhile without covering you up and you loved just looking at God's beautiful creation! The bright sun is not your favorite...

You have also loved spending time lying on your back and just watching your sister and brother or others play or work. You are very observant and definitely enjoy being around people more than being alone! Maybe you'll be my social butterfly!

Sometimes mommy gets extremely tired and overwhelmed from taking care of all three of you kiddos but I absolutely love when I get to feed you even at night in the quiet times... I love those sweet moments of bonding with my sweet Joanna Beth!  :) You have added so much joy to our lives and I'm so thankful for every moment we have with you!

Love you sweet girl!
~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment