Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Dear Joanna - 3 1/2 months

I wrote this a few days ago...

Dear Joanna,

You are 3 1/2 months and have had such a busy past 6 weeks! Since I last wrote you after your first camping trip, we painted our house and you spent your first large amounts of hours in a baby swing! You do love the swing but you didn't quite understand why you had to spend so much time in it for naps while mommy and daddy painted. But now you have beautiful coral and sand color walls in your's and Lydia's room and I think you will love finally being able to sleep in your own crib in your own room tonight or tomorrow for the first time!

The past month since July 7th we have been away from home in a crazy month of busyness! We spent two total weeks in Durango, a week at Pappy and Maw-Maw's house in delta, a week at uncle Wayne's and aunt Lelia's house in grand junction, and overall you were awesome!!! I'm not sure what happened but right around 2 1/2 months old you turned a corner and became such a happy baby and hardly ever fuss anymore other than off and on the car and sometimes when you have a tummy ache. You have spent 4 weeks now of taking fairly good naps each day as long as we are able to put you down for them consistently. You are a very love-schedules baby so as long as I'm good with feeding you every 3 to 4 hours during the day and then keeping you up only between 1.5 and 2 hours before another nap you do so much better! Makes mommy so happy! Your night sleeping has been a lot more difficult though but I'm sure sleeping in so many different locations hasn't helped with that. Some nights you did 8 to 11 hours straight sleep at night but then we had quite a few nights where you woke up two or three times which is so hard for mommy. :( I get SO tired! But last night you actually slept 9 hours straight and then you consistently go back to sleep right away til usually 9 or 10! Yay!

You are such a cute little girl! Your smiles have been so big lately and you are giggling more and more especially when you are lying down during diaper changes or when we come over to talk.

You have been rolling over like crazy lately! You sleep on your side or tummy most nights because you flip over almost as soon as we put you on your back. Once you get a bit older I'm sure you'll figure out that rolling will take you places! :) I'm gonna have to watch out!

You were 13 lbs 1 oz at your 2 month checkup and my guess is that you are at least 14 lbs now. You definitely look so much bigger!

You are beginning to love playing with toys! I bought you some car seat toys while in delta and you love holding onto them and hitting the noisy owl one. I'm so excited to let you start sitting in the bumbo at home and let you play with toys on the activity mat!

I hear you chewed on a bite of watermelon yesterday at cousin Vienna's birthday party while pappy was holding you! Your first try of food and you loved it! ;) Lol.

Love you lots! We are on our way home right now and you have been awesome the entire hour and a half so far! :) Yay! So excited to be home as a family!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment