I am sitting in our newly rearranged living room, which is so awesome, watching Daniel sleep in his swing in his room... :o) Scott and I both LOVE changes when it comes to being in a new apartment/house and decorating and rearranging rooms, so we decided to tackle most of our baby-proofing WHILE we move all the furniture around in our living room/middle area where his office stuff is. I love it this way... it looks so much bigger and plus having it all clean is nice, too. I was also able to hang up some new pics, which is always fun. Anyway, that's what we did all day on Saturday. It took a long time because we had SO much to go through, but we were able to throw away a lot and got it all done, so we definitely felt like we accomplished a large amount!
Let's see... Last week we didn't do a whole lot. Thursday night I ended up playing softball for my sister, Lelia, which was fun but interesting. :o) I had not played - swung a bat OR caught a ball - since I was like four months pregnant! I actually didn't do as bad as I thought it would be, because I actually hit a few balls out in the outfield, which I had like never been able to do before! It was fun, but really hot. It was a double header and we were SO close to winning the first game. We were ahead most of it until we ended up losing 12 to 13. The second game we won by 10 so it was over early, which was nice to be able to head home where it was cooler!
Friday night was our date night, which is always a wonderful time for Scott and me! His parents watched Daniel (he did good for them, which was great to hear) and Scott and I went out to eat for Mexican food and then went to Eclipse in the movie theater. Food was delicious, it was SO much fun to just talk and talk, and the movie was actually really good! We both thought it was by far the best of the three so far! After the movie, we went to ColdStones for ice cream (I love it when Scott surprises me like that!) and then went out to Fruita where we hung out for a little while with his parents before taking Daniel home. It was a wonderful evening!
Saturday we cleaned, as I said earlier, and then our good friends, Aaron and Elysa, came over for dinner and Scrabble! We made fajitas and a very yummy mocha triffle and all three of us (Daniel included) really enjoyed the time we spent with them. Daniel is so cute because he loves being with other people! He is getting used to sitting on our laps while we eat dinner with people, and he thinks it's just the greatest thing! He also sits on our laps while we play games and he just smiles all the time and laughs at the cards or people! :o) Lol. So cute.
Yesterday, we went to church, which was great. It was on the book of Daniel and I thought it was so cool to hear again what an amazing man Daniel was and how he did everything to glorify God and not himself. It's makes me pray even more that our Daniel will grow up to be the same type of man one day... A man who lives to glorify God and does not place himself before God and those around him.
After church I ended up going to Sam's Club to develop pictures, which I've been meaning to do for awhile now, and then we had lots of friends over for dinner last night. (It's amazing all the people we can and do have over after we FINALLY get things cleaned up around our apartment!) We had pizza and then strawberry shortcake... yummy, yummy! Then we played Canasta, which is an amazingly fun card game! Yet again, Daniel had a great time "playing" with us! Lol.
That was my week. I should go now and get some things done before he wakes up!
I LOVE the new family picture on your blog!! Daniel is growing up so fast! Glad to hear y'all are doing good! Miss you!
ReplyDelete