Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Friday, August 13, 2010

Nanny is coming to GJ!

Before I go on and say anything else, I have to say that I am SUPER EXCITED, because Nanny, my grandma, is in CO right now, heading this way! She got a ride up to Durango from Ft. Worth, TX and my parents went to go pick her up today. They should be on their way back now... We won't be able to see her today, but tomorrow is my niece, Vienna's, 5th birthday party, so she'll be coming up for that. I haven't seen her since Christmas, I think, which seems like such a long time ago, AND she has not met Daniel yet, which makes me even more excited to see her! :o) I have been telling Daniel all about his great-grandma, so he is pretty excited, too. She'll be the first great grandparent he's ever met!

This past week has been pretty good. Last Friday night we had an Hawaiian shirt BBQ over at our friends, Sean and Kacey's, house. It was a lot of fun and amazing chicken, pineapple, and other goodies kabobs. There were many of our friends there and some other people that I met for the first time. Definitely good fellowship and fun hanging out with everyone in their beautiful backyard. Plus it was fun because there were four little babies there, so Daniel was not alone, and their changing table was definitely being well used all evening. I love going over to their place because they have all the fun toys, swing, changing table, and nursery for their little Connor, so we hardly have to bring anything! :o)

Saturday morning was Bekah's memorial service, which was SO good! It was hard at times, of course, but over all it was very encouraging hearing from just a few of the over 400 people who came... Both Dwight Burgess (a man from their church) and Tim King (her dad) talked, and had so many great things to say! Tim talked all about the need for us all to make sure we don't fill the "Bekah-sized hole" in our lives with self-pity, anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, and so on, but that we need to make sure we fill it with "things that come from the hand of God" such as his love, grace, mercy, hope, peace, and forgiveness. It was amazing how much God has already begun working in her family and how they are already on their way to forgiving the man who was drunk and drove the truck who hit her. It's so crazy and makes me wonder if I could do that, also... I know it could only happen because we have a mighty God!

That afternoon we hung out with my family for lunch and then went home to rest before we had dinner with Nate, Christine, David, and Jessica. Us girls spent some time together looking through the wedding pics and talking while the guys (including Daniel) went frisbee-golfing. It was nice to hang out with them, especially to have the chance for some girl time! :o)

Sunday was church and our 'family dinner' over at Drew and Andrea's. We ate kabobs outside and enjoyed the evening again. Daniel still loves to sit with us as we eat together at the table, and he had a lot of fun with everyone! After dinner, we hung out there awhile with everyone talking and remembering things we have all gone through together as friends. It was so much fun! :o)

This week went by much faster than last, which was nice, because we were pretty busy! Monday night we did laundry and I was able to go grocery shopping for the first time in awhile. Daniel finally started napping better by Wednesday this week, but ever since last Tuesday he has been hardly napping at all, so I hadn't gotten the chance to get much done at all because he had been incredibly fussy and just wanted his mommy all the time. He is my first priority during my day, so that meant the shopping had to wait... But it was very nice to finally get it done, and I've been enjoying finally cooking again and not having to do quick stuff or eating out.

Daniel has been so much fun the past few days. I've loved just watching him as he plays with his toys, 'talks' to them, and as I read books to him. Amanda and Vienna brought over some material and touch and feel books a few days ago for him, because he is in that stage where he wants to bring everything up to his mouth and/or touch everything, so after he almost ripped his first paper page on a book, I decided maybe it would be best if he had some new books. Vienna had all these when she was little, so they brought some over and he has loved them! I will sit him in my lap or beside me on the couch and read away. He's so cute! :o) He hasn't rolled over in like a week and a half now, which is so sad after he was rolling over every day for almost a week! So confusing... I know that one day he'll really get it, but I don't know why he keeps confusing us so. Silly boy!

Tuesday night Scott stayed with Daniel and I was able to go scrapbooking with a group from church. I love those evenings, and was able to get 7 pages done in his album! I have many more pics to do to catch up, but I am finally scrapbooking those from when he was a few weeks old. It was great hanging out with the girls and talking, talking talking. Although after about an hour of getting one page done and talking a ton, I had to cut back on the chit-chat awhile because I knew that otherwise I would never get anything done! :o) I was planning on staying until midnight, but missed my boys so much that I had to leave by 11. They were both sound asleep when I got home, but at least I could see them. ;o)

Last night was Scott's birthday party, and it was an awesome time with the families! We went to Sherwood Park, our favorite park near here, and just got a picnic table under some trees where we put all the pizzas and watermelon everyone brought. All of my family and his were there (except for Tyler and Geoffrey), so it was fun talking and eating together, celebrating Scott's 22 years of life! ;o) I had made a carrot cake for him which did not end up turning out so well. It tasted delicious, but for some reason TOTALLY stuck to the pan (I even sprayed them!), so I ended up crumbling up the cake and doing layers of cake, cream cheese frosting, cake, etc. and it was DELICIOUS! We played some beanbag toss game and Bocce Ball, and watched Vienna and Daniel play with one of his new books on the ground for awhile. I love watching Daniel with his cousin. They are so cute together! :o)

Well, Scott is home early - he didn't take lunch - so I better go! :o) I will post pics later!

No comments:

Post a Comment