Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fun days with my boys!

It has been so nice having Scott home with Daniel and me! It is definitely going to be different when he starts work in a week. We spent Saturday grocery shopping all morning, which Daniel did ok with as long as Daddy was there to hold him. :o) It was our first big grocery shopping day since he was born because we had been just about living off of left-overs. Good to start planning out meals again. I am finally feeling somewhat of a wife again to go with my mommy-ness. :o) The rest of Saturday we hung out with Danny and played with him, watched as he slept a long time finally in his swing (amazing!), watched TV shows together on the internet, and just had fun as a family! It was an awesome day!

Sunday we went to church which was amazing and very refreshing! We were able to go a little early and take Daniel back to meet all my Sunday School kids (I had been teaching 4th and 5th grade S.S. all year. They loved him and each of them prayed a little prayer for Danny that he would grow up to be a godly man, a man of character living for God's kingdom, a good boy, and a lover of God's Word. It was so amazing to hear the little prayers! :o) They are definitely our prayers for him, also, and it is so nice having friends and family who are praying for the same things!

Church kicked off the Bible in 90 Days challenge everyone as a church is doing starting yesterday. We are really excited for it but I am glad that we are doing it as a church so we can have the encouragement from others to keep going! It's quite a bit of reading each day, but I know it will be very rewarding!

Sunday evening we headed to some of our friends' house for a going away party for our friends, Caleb and Lindsey, who we met through our small group at church. It was a lot of fun hanging out with everyone, and Danny was able to be passed around to some amazing moms who are just awesome with him! (I have seriously decided that I can't wait until I'm one of those awesome moms who have the crazy skills of putting a child asleep in their arms after hardly any time just because they've been a mom for so long! I LOVE it!) It's going to be so sad seeing Caleb and Lindsey go, but the good thing is since he works for Marathon Oil, also (that's how Scott really got the job), we'll be able to see them from time to time at conferences and such.

Yesterday, Scott, Daniel, and I had another wonderful day together! Scott and I totally were able to have an unexpected 'date' even with Daniel all afternoon when we went shopping at Kohl's, Cabela's, JCPennys, and out to eat at the mall. Danny was with us in his stroller and seriously slept in it for three hours while we were shopping for clothes for Scott's new job and some shorts for me. It was amazing! He did so great, and didn't even wake up until the final store because he was hungry. :o) It was so nice getting the chance to hang out and talk with Scott!

Okay, gotta go... At least I had the time to catch up with life. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment