Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Friday, January 7, 2011

A Week of Firsts in the Life of Our Daniel!

Goodness this has been such a busy week for our little guy! I had to write all about it on here to keep y'all updated! :o) It started out on Monday with him finally learning to CLAP! Aaahh, he was such a cute little boy! I'm so glad because Scott was actually here for that! I have been trying to work more on the clapping for awhile, because I kept hearing other babies who had done it and I realized that maybe Daniel wasn't because I didn't actually clap much around him! SO, I began saying "Yay!!!" and clapping each time he did something good or exciting so he would get the idea! :o) Anyway, we were sitting on the floor playing with some of his new toys and I began taking some of his new baby einstein boxes with pictures and stacking them until they were a tall tower! We had done this before, so he knew his job was to knock them down! Each time he knocked them down I would yell "Yay!!!" and clap, and then stack them again so he would knock them over again! We did this over and over and after about five or ten minutes he watched me clap and started to bring his hands together to clap! The first few times he didn't quite hit his hands together but after a few tries he had it! ADORABLE is all I have to say! :o) I love that little guy! He is TOO cute! He started clapping again today, which was super cute. I told him not to touch the heater while he was playing (which he didn't after I told him no - he is getting much better at realizing what "no" means!) and so he sat back and smiled at me. I said "Yay!!!" because he did something good and obeyed and he started clapping! Lol. So cute!

Okay, since clapping was not his only big 'step' this week, I should probably go on to the next 'first'!

Wednesday morning was a long morning for me and Daniel as he has been figuring out that it is very fun to sit up and pull himself up to his knees while in the crib for a nap! Anyway, I was having quite the morning of going in, putting him back down on his back, leaving, and listening to him and having to do it all over again in a few minutes! At one point I peeked in and just watched him as over about two minutes he rolled back and forth and then got on all fours, sat up, pulled himself up on his knees to play with his music maker thing on his crib, and then watched as he pulled himself all the way up on his feet!!! This was the first time I'd ever seen him do this, and from the excited look on his face I'm thinking it was one of the first times he had done it! Even though he couldn't see me peeking in on him, he got the biggest smile on his face and just thought he had walked on the moon! :o) Lol!

I was super excited about that and couldn't believe that he had gotten two big firsts already in two days, when lo and behold he started crawling that same afternoon! He had done a few crawls (three or four at once) the day before at our Mom's group, but they were very slow and he would stop from time to time in between. So, I knew it would be really soon. He and I were in his room while I was putting away all of his 6-9 month clothes and getting out all the 12 month clothes and he was playing and playing with his toys and unfolding all the clothes I kept folding. Lol. He was getting around the way he usually was - scooting back some, rolling, moving forward, sitting, and then moving forward again. I cleared up the room and then went over to his new rocking horse which was across the room from where he was sitting. I pushed the horse's ear which made the whinnying noises and he looked at us and just headed straight for us! He never stopped, sat down, or dropped his tummy, but crawled the entire way across the room until he was right by his horse! Lol. It was adorable! :o) I felt bad because Scott walked in the door from work as soon as he got to the horse, and of course although we tried, he wouldn't crawl that far for Scott again all evening! Lol. BUT, yesterday evening we were babysitting for a friend of ours and he crawled all over their living room, pulling himself up on all their furniture and tried following their little girl as she walked back and forth from her room! My little boy is growing up so fast! :o( Goodness!

Well, that's the exciting news! Do I have videos of these exciting times?! Of course not!!! I thought of video-taping each time, but it was never right there beside me so I missed them all! :o( Oh, well. I will hopefully get a video soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment