Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Another day... :o)

It is early Tuesday morning, and I am up with Daniel again after a good six hour sleep. :o) Scott is still snoozing away, getting his rest before the alarm goes off in an hour for work. He is such an amazing hubby! I really couldn't imagine waking up by 5:30 every morning and going to work til 5 or 6 and then not getting up much later on weekends cuz of Daniel. At least Daniel is finally going down for awhile each day so if needed, I can nap. :o) Scott has been working so hard, but still loving his job! It is seriously perfect for him!

Friday was another busy day taking care of Daniel and then we were greatly surprised by Scott getting home about two hours early! We were able to go spend time together as a family at the mall, both because Daniel loves stroller time there and Scott and I enjoy walking and talking while he is usually sleeping, and because our swamp cooler was not working and it was SO hot at our place! (It finally got fixed Sunday morning, and has now been amazing!) It seriously got so hot Friday and Saturday... close to 100 degrees here. 'Summer' is kicking in full force! Anyway, we hung out at the mall and then I had another girls' night and Daniel stayed home with Scott. It was nice getting out, but now I'm EXTREMELY excited to go out with Scott on a date... I love girls' time, don't get me wrong, but hey, time with my hubby will definitely be the greatest! I think we will be able to go out for dinner and a movie in a week, which will be amazing, if all works out for my sister, Lelia, to watch Daniel. I'm SO excited!

Saturday was a great day with my little family! Scott and I got SO much done, which was amazing! Daniel went back down for 3 hours in his swing that morning, and Scott and I cleaned the house and did laundry... It looks so much better in here and I felt like I had really accomplished something, which is always nice. :o) We spent the rest of the day grocery shopping and spending time at the mall again... Good times! I finally worked on an actual menu for this week again so we knew what to shop for. I'm convinced that I need to start cooking again every day, even though I'm definitely still getting used to cooking in shifts, or with Daniel in one arm. Takes me a lot longer, but hey, the food usually tastes the same still! :o) Saturday night we went to Banana's Fun Park here in town with my sister, Amanda, and her daughter, Vienna, who is 4. We played miniature golf with them... it was lots of fun! I will have to load up the pics onto here and post some... Daniel did pretty good. He loves it when Amanda holds him. :o) I enjoyed spending time with Vienna since I hadn't in awhile. I love being an aunt!

Sunday morning Scott and I went to the first of a four week-long parenting class at church which our pastor and his wife are leading. It was really good, and definitely got us very excited to go again. We know probably 2/3rds of the couples in the class, but it will be cool getting to know the others also. :o) We just spent our time introducing ourselves and talking about ways in which God has been working in our lives lately. It was so cool hearing all those ways! We definitely have an amazing God! :o)

That afternoon Lelia and Wayne came over to play some awesome Settlers of Catan! I love that game! Then we went to our first "family dinner" since Daniel was born. Just to inform everyone of what that is, I will explain... Back three years or so ago, my roomies, Andrea and Monique, and I started having dinner and hanging out with their boyfriends, Drew and Nate almost every Sunday night. We would invite our friends, David, Nate, and Anna, also - all good friends from college. Little by little we ended up getting together weekly and one evening someone mentioned how it was a lot like family dinners/evenings together growing up... playing games after dinner, talking, etc. That just stuck and ever since then we have been going to family dinner almost every Sunday night! We switch off which house/apartment it's at and who cooks. Over the years Nate and Mo, Drew and Andrea, and Scott and I got married and this summer David and his fiance, Jessica, and Anna and her TJ are getting hitched. :o) Nate is also dating someone. It's been so much fun expanding over the years just like real family, They are so amazing!

We had a lot of fun there before heading home for bed,,,

Yesterday, was a great day with Daniel! He rolled over for the first time! It was from tummy to back! I was so glad that I was able to see it! :o) And, we went in for my last midwife appointment which was good. :o) They weighed Daniel and he is up to 13 lbs. 5 oz.! I can't he gained another full pound in just over a week! My little boy is not so little after all. :o)

Well, this was crazy long, Sorry about that! Daniel is STILL not asleep so Mommy is going to have to really try to get him down so I can get more sleep... Usually he at least yawning and blinking, but no... he has a ton of energy right now! We'll see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment