Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lake City

Our trip was amazing! It was so nice to get away and relax, which is what vacation always seems to do for me! Daniel did awesome, even though he was quite fussy a few of the days. It was great being back in Lake City, CO where Scott and I had honeymooned a year ago exactly... we had quite a few conversations about how our lives have changed since then. Even though our lives are almost completely different now, we are more in love than ever and loving our life together with little Danny! But, it is definitely interesting comparing our experience last year in Lake City to this year... having a little baby does make things different, but amazing all at the same time! :)

Scott and I drove his truck over to Delta to head out with Mom and Dad to Lake City on Friday morning. We stopped for lunch in Montrose (amazing Long John Silver's - their chicken is delicious and completely fattening!) and then headed out. We had a great time talking and reading while Daniel slept the entire time... It was a gorgeous drive as always and totally reminded us of last year heading that way. Aaahhh, such good memories... :) Our wedding day and honeymoon definitely tie with Daniel's birth as the best days of my life!





Anyway, we got the campground around 2:30 that afternoon. Mom and Dad were staying in their pop-up camper with Wayne and Lelia and we were staying with Amanda in a little cabin which was so cute and super nice, actually! We unloaded before walking towards downtown with Mom and Dad to eat dinner. Daniel loved the walk - he goes right to sleep in his stroller! The campground was in a perfect location that was close enough to walk but far enough that it was a nice walk the couple of times a day we'd head into town. We ate dinner at a restaurant named Southern Vittles. I had a burger, which was delicious!





That evening we just hung out a bit with my parents and sister, Amanda, who got into town that evening. Then we went to bed... Daniel definitely woke up more than normal, but it wasn't that bad. We did get very cold, though, mid-way through the night. Because of that, I ended up putting Daniel in bed with Scott and I around 6 in the morning so he could warm up and sleep some more. He is so cute in the big bed with us!

Saturday we walked into town again after a delicious breakfast of bacon, pancakes, and juice. We shopped around a bit and then were joined by Wayne and Lelia in time for lunch and hang out time all afternoon. We did go by the amazing Soda Fountain place downtown for ice cream that afternoon. I LOVE their ice cream! I got Peanut Butter Cup... AMAZING! I want some right now just thinking about it... Yumm! Mom and Dad bought Daniel the cutest little bear socks and a cute baseball cap which doesn't fit him right now but at the rate he is growing, I'm sure it'll be soon. :) Scott and I bought him a little Lake City T-shirt... he is all set to match his Daddy and Mommy when we wear our Lake City gear!



Amanda, Mom, and I went to the little grocery store in town to buy potato salad, lettuce salad, and other odds and ends for dinner to go with the delicious steak Dad grilled up. After dinner we had a campfire in the center part of the entire campground, which was fun because we were joined by a group from CO Springs. They were a cool group and fun to talk to and watch their little kids roast and eat a TON of marshmallows!

Sunday was our anniversary, and it was a great day, also! We all went to Lake San Cristobal to have a 'picnic' lunch of sandwiches and then the boys went fishing while us girls stayed with Daniel talking, reading, sleeping, and enjoying a quiet, beautiful afternoon! After that Mom and Dad stayed with Daniel while Scott and I went on a walk alongside the river in town to an Italian restaurant where we had an amazing dinner and got the chance to just hang out, talk, and enjoy time just the two of us! It was so amazing and made me realize even more how much I love my hubby! :)



Monday was our last morning there so we ate at the amazing Lake City Bakery for breakfast again and after packing up and cooking out/eating hot-dogs at the campground, we went into town one more time for a bit more shopping. Scott bought me some beautiful earrings at one of the stores. I LOVE them! We drove back to GJ with a happy little camper and got back just in time to shower and head to our small group BBQ for Memorial Day. It was an amazing long weekend!

Today is Scott's first day at his new job... I'll have to let you all know how it went once I hear myself. :) I do miss him coming home at 3:45 like normal, but I'm so thankful for this new job and I'm very excited about it! I hope it went well. I guess tomorrow night we are having dinner at his boss' with some of his co-workers... We are taking Daniel so pray he is a good little boy and that we all have lots of fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment