Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Friday, June 4, 2010

Sleep is a good thing :)

Daniel slept for 7 1/2 hours straight last night! After finally putting him down at 10 and staying asleep (we tried several times before that and poor baby kept waking up over and over), Scott and I were able to hang out for an hour to have some quality time together and then we still got to sleep until 5:30. It was amazing! I am holding a sleeping baby in my lap right now... He is such an amazing little cutie! I love it when I go get him in the mornings now, because he just smiles up at me - he is so happy to see him mommy! :) I was able to finally get quite a few pics of him smiling on the camera yesterday... I really need to get all those on my computer so I can upload some. They are somewhat blurry, but what does one expect when it takes me about 20 pics before I get one of him smiling! For some reason, as soon as he sees the camera he just stops smiling! I had to put it in one place, talk to him, and try to distract his attention away from the big black weird looking thing! ;o)




We have had a good week, although it has been a long one for both Scott and me. It's been hard having to get used to Scott's new schedule but that doesn't mean I'm not happy about his new job, because I am! I think it's been a week of another growth spurt for Danny, though, because he has been eating up a storm, which just means I get tired easier, and now my hubby is working until 5 or 5:30 instead of 3:30! Long days, but Scott totally makes up for them in the evening, because he is an incredible hubby and daddy! He plays / holds Daniel when he gets home, helps me with whatever, talks all about his day, hears all about my exciting days (I always end up telling him about my day, mixing like two or three days together because they are all a lot alike), and just spends time with me! I love him SO much!

Scott is loving his new job! The people he works with are wonderful and after doing paperwork for two days, yesterday he finally started his actual training on what he'll be doing. He said it's definitely a lot to learn, but he's ready and willing and I know he'll pick it up fast. I've always been jealous of how fast he learns things! We went to dinner at his boss' house Tuesday night, which was a lot of fun! I was able to meet his boss, his wife and her daughter, one of the main managers from Houstan, the lady who has been taking over Scott's position up til now, one of the guys that will be working the closest with Scott, and then, of course, our friends, Caleb and Lindsey were there which was great to see them again! I actually had such an enjoyable time hanging out with them, even though I was nervous at first... :o) Matt made an amazing seafood / rice dish that he had learned overseas, and even though I have never had more than like two or three types of seafood, I totally changed after that meal... I really have NO idea how many types were in there! But it actually was quite delicious! :o) It was also really nice talking to his boss about Marathon's company and just hearing more about how family-oriented they are and all that. I'm already excited already for a trip Scott has to take in Sept. to Denver for training for a week. Daniel and I get to go with him and I'm SUPER excited to head to Denver and hopefully see some of my friends over there! :o)

Well, Scott is up and getting ready for work. I should see if Daniel will go down again. I don't always expect that he will, but now that he loves his swing, I usually just put him in there and if he sleeps for awhile I LOVE it because I get to sleep more, too! :o)

(So I am also posting some other cute pics of Daniel! Enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment