Dear Daniel,
Hi little boy! How is it that you are already 16 months old?! Goodness! Each day is filled with activity with you around... it makes the days and weeks pass so fast! But, I love every moment and I'm SO, SO thankful that I'm able to stay here at home with you! I couldn't even imagine missing all your new discoveries and the excitement you show in life! :o) You are growing and growing in personality, knowledge, and physically! You have been super cute lately because you are definitely realizing that something soon will be changing... as you watch us move more and more things into baby sister's room and as you see Mommy's tummy getting bigger and bigger, you are finally looking at things and saying "sis" like you know that there is someone else around here somewhere. You also started giving my tummy hugs and kisses yesterday for 'sis'. It's so cute! You have to pull my shirt up a little so you can see my tummy and then you just rest your head against it like you are listening to baby sister. I'm getting SO excited for you to see her and be able to give her a real hug in no time at all! Could be anytime in the next three weeks! SO exciting!
Right now you are watching "Little Einsteins" on TV and conducting the music with a wooden spoon and whisk in each hand. Lol. You crack me up! You are waving each one around as you bend your knees and dance to the music! You have also been doing a lot of stacking blocks lately, which you are getting very good at! Yesterday you were able to stack four on top of each other over and over, but when you tried the fifth one the tower always fell over... and you get pretty frustrated when that happens. You have also REALLY been into reading and having us read you books lately, especially word books with lots of pictures! You just handed me a big word book, actually, and are pointing out all the different shapes to me. You are learning more and more what the main parts of your face are... ears, eyes, nose, and mouth... although you have to be in the mood to point them out, I've noticed. :o)
You still love playing outside, which is a little hard on mommy being so pregnant and it being so hot outside, still, but I'm excited for baby sister to get here and for us to be able to spend a lot of time in our back yard and on walks this fall once it starts getting cooler! Right now you mainly go outside and hang out when Daddy or I water our garden, so when you are at your grandparents or other people's houses, you usually always grab an available hose and pretend to water their 'garden' or flowers, too!
You are still walking like a pro and working on a partial run, also. I still love watching you walk all over the place, especially when you try to rush away when someone, like Daddy, chases you! It's too cute! :o) You love entertaining all our friends with your goofy laughs and silly ways, especially when we hang out with our friends from college - David and Jessica, Nate, Drew and Andrea, Anna and TJ, and Christine. You make us all laugh almost all the time! We love you so much!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment