Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Very lazy this morning...

So after a busy, busy week of going and going and doing things around the house today is finally our first day to just stay at the house until this evening! It's SO nice! Even though I do want to get some of Lydia's quilt finished this morning and I still have yet to really get ready for the day and do the dishes, I am being lazy and just sitting down catching up on friends' blogs and facebook! Daniel woke up by 7 this morning and for some reason was SO tired during breakfast so I put him down for his nap early a few minutes ago. I decided I might as well catch up a little bit on here about the goings on in the Slade family while I watch my belly move up and down and side to side as Lydia does her morning gymnastics routine. Lol. :o) Seriously, she moves like CRAZY!

Things have been good for us! Scott's birthday is tomorrow which I'm excited for, although Daniel and I need to make him a card today - good thing I just remembered that! :o) We are getting together with all of mine and his family at Sherwood park tomorrow evening for a Sub sandwich and yummy sides dinner, with carrot cake for dessert (I'll see if I can actually make it into a cake this time instead of having to layer crumbled cake with icing like I did last year when the cakes fell apart!). It should be a lot of fun hanging out, eating, and playing Bocce Balls! :o) Hopefully it'll be a beautiful day and not too hot out by the evening...

I have been busy working on Lydia's quilt lately. I have most of it quilted... just need to stencil the last designs on the large pink border and quilt those and then sew up the binding and then I'm DONE! Yay! In order to get all the template pencil marks off the fabric I have to wash the quilt afterwards, which makes me somewhat nervous about the whole thing falling apart or something, although I know it has to be washed at some point anyway, so it'll be okay! It is looking great and I'm SO excited to finish it and get it hung up on the quilt rack in her room! It'll probably stay there until she is big enough to sleep with a quilt and then she can use it. :o) Scott and I finished making and painting the bench for her room, also, and while Scott is in WY next week for work I am going to try to go find supplies and fabric to make a bench cushion for it. My goal is to get the bench, painted bookshelf, and painted quilt rack WITH the quilt on it in her room by Sunday! We'll see if it happens! :o) That would be awesome, though, because tomorrow my parents are taking the couch that is in her room presently so we can finally move the glider and changing table from Daniel's room to her room and rearrange everything to where we want it! Yay! Then, after my baby shower on Sunday (YES! It's finally this weekend, and I'm SO excited!), I can work on putting things away and decorating this next week while Scott is gone! I'm super excited if you can't tell!

Last weekend I had a scrapbook day on Saturday with some girls from church, and I was able to get 12 more pages done in Daniel's scrapbook! I'm still way back on pictures from Sept., though, so I'm thinking that goal of getting all the pictures scrapped through his birthday in April won't be working out so well. :o( My new goal is at least to get through Christmas, which is the majority of the pictures, anyway! It was fun hanging out and scrapbooking again, though... Definitely need to get back into doing that at least every other month with the girls. It's almost my only time that I work on it anymore, so more than every four or five months is very important if I ever want to catch up!

Daniel has been doing great! He has been so funny lately because he just sort of realized the other day that he has a belly-button, after knowing for a long time that Mommy and Daddy did (he loves to find ours and tickle us). Last night he spent about 30 minutes playing with Scott and stopping every 30 seconds or so, lifting his shirt up, finding his belly button, and sticking his finger in it. It was so cute! Scott would tell him to tickle his belly button, and he would stick his finger in it and laugh and laugh! Lol. :o) I took a video that someday I'll have to share... (If I haven't explained this beforehand, the reason why I don't put more videos up on here or facebook is because our video camera doesn't work to plug into my Mac computer so I have to get onto Scott's which always takes me forever because I don't know how to use Windows too much and then it takes awhile to sort through all the videos once they are loaded... Sorry!)

Okay, there are SO many other things I could and want to say, but I think I should probably get a move on and start doing something today! Hope everyone is doing awesome and I'll write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment