Our Family - Nov. 2014

Our Family - Nov. 2014

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

36 weeks!!



So I am resting my feet a bit as I watch Daniel 'run' around the house playing with his toys and some new toys that were given to Lydia at her shower. :o) (Daniel decided he needed to make sure they were good enough for her first...) He is having quite a lot of fun with an old toy of Vienna's, too... a pink car thing which is just like his fire truck, but for some reason this seems much cooler! Lol. He is super cute today, which he is every day, but he makes me so happy! :o) He got a bath this morning (we are getting into a more specific schedule for baths, which is a good thing... I'm realizing that a schedule will be something that is super important especially once baby #2 comes), and he LOVED that! Baths and showers are some of his favorite activities, that's for sure!

My baby shower was this past Sunday and I just finished washing and folding all of Lydia's new clothes! She will definitely be one very well dressed baby girl! :o) I need to hang up the rest of her 0-3 month clothes and pack away the others in totes and boxes for now until she grows into them. She got so many amazing things, including receiving blankets, a soft green blanket with lady-bugs, sheets, washcloths, LOTS of clothes, toys, homemade things for her room, a double stroller (definitely needed!), a vibrator/bouncer (SO excited about that!), bibs, hats, hair things, and many other things! The shower was so much fun! My sisters did a great job decorating and getting everything all ready! I went over a few hours early and helped Amanda make a baby carriage out of a watermelon, which was SO cool! I had seen the idea online and I'm really glad we did it even though it took awhile getting all the watermelon out with a cookie dough ball thing. :o) Amanda and Lelia had made cute little lollipops out of washcloths for one table and then Vienna helped them make roses out of socks for a bouquet on another table! Such cute ideas! We had the shower out in Amanda's backyard, which is amazing because even though it was super hot outside, under her big shade tree it felt amazing until the sun caught up with us near the end of the shower! We had sandwich rollup things, veggies and Ranch, lots of fruit, artichoke dip and Pita chips, and punch to snack on! Then, for dessert we had strawberry ice cream with toppings! It was all delicious! :o) The games were a lot of fun, too! We played an alphabet game where we had 3 minutes to write down something about pregnancy, delivery, or babies that started with each letter of the alphabet. Then we played the melted candy bar in a diaper game, guessing which candy bar it was. Finally we played the guess-what-baby-food game... smelling and/or tasting baby food from different jars, guessing what it could be! I definitely didn't win any of the games, but they were all a lot of fun!











Today I am 36 weeks along! It's so crazy thinking I'm already in the last month of pregnancy! It has gone SO fast! I'm still telling myself I'll be delivering after the due date of Sept. 6th, mainly so that if she does come beforehand I will be greatly surprised! :o) But, as I was thinking through the next few weeks today, I realized how much more I need to get done before she arrives! I know that if she comes earlier than we think, everything will work out because God knows what I 'really' need done, but I'm such a planner that I'm hoping to get all of this done first! For one, we still have about 10 more things to buy that we really need before she comes... then, getting her room ready would be nice, and I need to get the bassinet from my sister, Amanda, to borrow again. I feel better since I have her quilt done, but we still need to put at least one more coat of paint on the bookshelf and quilt rack before we can put those in her room... Scott is gone for the week for training up in WY, so I'm hoping to get some scrapbooking done, also... I know that doesn't seem too important, but it's on my list because I REALLY want to get more of Daniel's book done before Lydia comes so I can start on hers! I really want to be able to get at least a really good scrapbook done of each of my kids' first years, even if after that they don't have too much... so we will see how much I get done this week.

Tonight I am having a girls' night with some of my friends, which I'm SO excited about! For one, I haven't hung out with just them in forever and it'll be fun to just take some time to catch up, watch a movie, and eat dessert! :o) My awesome parents-in-law are watching Daniel to give me a break since Scott is gone all week, as I said earlier... Daniel has been great so far, so it hasn't been that hard so far, but it'll still be nice to have a bit of a break so Mommy doesn't go crazy later on! ;o)

Okay, I should probably go... I keep stopping to read a book or two to Daniel... He is LOVING his alphabet books lately. It's great how at this age he is so interesting in learning what everything around him is! And he's doing so much better at repeating words after I say them, especially when reading. :o) ANYWAY, enough 'talking'! :o) I will put some pictures on here and write more later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment